• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Made my first braided speaker cable...

and I'm proud of myself! LOL!!! Had some spare wire and banana plugs laying around. It's the same 16awg OFC I'm currently using. Used 4 separated strands, terminating the two positives and negatives into one banana for each at both ends (of course).
View attachment 1570116
Didn't have any heat-shrink - just used some electrical tape. Maybe next time. :dunno:

Enjoy the music!!
That’s amazing what type of wire did you use ? Shame the cable company took there cable despite us not having spectrum. I was going to try and make speaker wire out of it .
 
Does braiding the speaker wire improve performance or is it just cosmetic? I assume braiding affects the magnetic field in some way!??
 
I don't like them so much. I've had them shear off on a few occasions and that was why I moved to the ones I specified above.
How the hell could you do that? I'd have to purposely try and do it, and then it wouldn't be easy o_O

Maybe if I used a hammer to change a cable:biggrin:
 
I do know I was bored and had the stuff laying around unused. I like the way it looks. ;)

Nice job and they do look cool. I am easily bored, I need to take a leaf out of your book and do something productive like that instead of stalking around the house to find someone to annoy.

Rob :)
 
Nice job and they do look cool. I am easily bored, I need to take a leaf out of your book and do something productive like that instead of stalking around the house to find someone to annoy.

Rob :)
Thanks!! And stalking loved ones is fun!! Lol!!
 
How the hell could you do that? I'd have to purposely try and do it, and then it wouldn't be easy o_O

Maybe if I used a hammer to change a cable:biggrin:
These were actually on expensive non home made cables (yes, at one point I "believed" in the magic cable thing) that were inserted etc numerous times. No hammer was involved. It was quite annoying at the time.
 
Back
Top Bottom