• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2275

tmccullough

You are who, who you are
Is a Marantz 2275 without the wooden case worth spending $100 on? Thoughts? I am probably going to go check it out tonight.
 
Register to hide this ad
Even if it's not working,as long as it's complete it's worth $100.But cosmetically it has to be almost perfect,clean face,glass etc.
 
Ok. This seems like a no brainer at this point. Will it potentially supplant my Sx-1080?

Well, let's see...., you can get it for $100, play with it for a month, see if it supplants anything and if it doesn't, sell it for at least $250 and the buyer will come to post here screaming "SCROEEEEEE!!!!!"

Don't see much down side if you have 100 bucks to play with :scratch2:
 
Well, I am the new owner of a Marantz 2275. The owner and his wife are really nice. It was their first stereo system together. He had a few other odds and ends he was selling. He had an SL-1300MK2 and some sort of Onkyo tuner. I have enough stuff for now, so I passed. Plus, he had people interested in those all ready, and I wanted to be fair.

The Marantz looks solid. From what I saw, it lit up, the meters moved, etc. He did not have any speakers lying around (odd), so I couldn't actually listen. He said it worked when he put it in storage back in the late 80's, so I'm not too concerned. Heck, he was willing to take $90 for it since it was dirty, but I did not have any tens, and I think $100 is more than fair. The woodgrain case thing is a little dinged up, but if he finds the actual wooden case for it, that won't matter.

I am looking forward to hooking it up to something maybe on Friday and seeing what happens. I figure this will give me some impetus to unload some of my other stuff, particularly my first piece of vintage. There's that little bit of sentimental attachment to it, but I know it would bring someone else a lot of joy.
 
Yes, you done very well. If the former owner finds and supplies the optional wood cabinet you will have scored big time. Those can sell for $100 just by themselves.

I hope you find pleasure from your Marantz for many years to come. They sure don't make 'em like that anymore.
 
Thanks. I need to call the guy back tomorrow to thank him again, and kindly ask him to call me if he finds the wooden case. He misplaced it when he put the 2275 into his rack. He also has a ton of LPs he has yet to find. He asked what I'd be interested in specifically, so here's hoping he finds them. He said he used to work at a radio station back in the day.

Man, I'm all giddy to get home from this trip and play with that Marantz. God I hope it works.
 
Back
Top Bottom