• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Marantz 2600 OUCH!

Excellent post Arkay !! I think it's a good analysis !! Pleasant to read !

I always wondered why someone would price an object he's selling for more than it's realistically worth... You've answered my question !

+1 on Arkay's post a good read
That 2600 is DA bomb 12 large is a lot even for that 2600 . A little rich for my blood. I will keep suffering with my SX980 and 3900 .
Will be interesting to see what it really sells for .
 
Last edited:
2600 is beautiful, rare, TOTL, so very collectible. I will not be surprised if someone buy it with BIN (by the way, I think offering BIN could be a mistake the seller made).
 
I think 12k is ridiculous,for all the work and condition it's in maybe 5 to 6k.But if some rich guy decides to pull the trigger it just drives up the price of all the other vintage gear,which sucks!
 
Wasn't there a 2600 that sold for 20k+ Euro off the european version of ebay? IIRC it wasn't that long ago, maybe 3-4 months ago?
 
The main filters look original. Value-wise, probably better to leave them alone. When I was watching Marantz closely, it used to be that 2500's that showed obvious work (like replaced mains) were not as highly valued as "all original" 2500's. I'd rather have the re-cap.
 
The main filters look original. Value-wise, probably better to leave them alone. When I was watching Marantz closely, it used to be that 2500's that showed obvious work (like replaced mains) were not as highly valued as "all original" 2500's. I'd rather have the re-cap.

I agree. I am about as much of a Marantz nut as there is, but this isn't my favorite model anyway. I'm of the mind that if you actually need this much amp power, you should be using a separate chassis. And these have a toroidal transformer which can fail, rather than the more common type (for the day) that Marantz used in, say, the 2325. Which is what I would rather have anyway :D

Properly recapped 2325's and others seem to sell for outstanding prices, though. The key seems always to be lots of good, hi res pictures. Inside & out.....
 
Back
Top Bottom