Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html
I just picked up a 6100 that does not have the anti skate rod or weight. Finding a weight is easy. The rod--not so much. Any ideas where I could find one without purchasing the entire tonearm assembly?
How about make one? If you have the little nut where it screws to the tonearm base, you can just tap out or drill out what’s left of the old rod and use a small steel rod, nail, etc. the weight is exactly 1 gram. If you try this route and need dimensions, I have a 6100 and will measure if you need it.
How about make one? If you have the little nut where it screws to the tonearm base, you can just tap out or drill out what’s left of the old rod and use a small steel rod, nail, etc. the weight is exactly 1 gram. If you try this route and need dimensions, I have a 6100 and will measure if you need it.
My first thought was "Nah, way too small to do that". My second thought was "Why the hell not. I got nothing to lose here. It's already broken." So, I went ahead and tried your idea. I was able to drill it out without destroying the threads, and had some finish nails that fit perfectly. Now I'm thinking I can use a dremel and score the nail where the original rod had detents. Could you do me a favor and measure total length, and space from detent to detent? I would appreciate it! Thanks for the idea!
How about make one? If you have the little nut where it screws to the tonearm base, you can just tap out or drill out what’s left of the old rod and use a small steel rod, nail, etc. the weight is exactly 1 gram. If you try this route and need dimensions, I have a 6100 and will measure if you need it.
Anytime. I’ve had my 6100 since my late teens. I noticed it was running a little slow lately. New belt- no change. Took the motor apart, flushed and re-oiled the bearings- still slow. Followed a suggestion that was made here on AK. Asked my wife for some old nail polish. I Disconnected the belt and while motor was running, hit the drive spindle with a coat of nail polish. Added two more coats and speed was dead on at 33.3. Apparently slow running is a common issue with this model.
Anytime. I’ve had my 6100 since my late teens. I noticed it was running a little slow lately. New belt- no change. Took the motor apart, flushed and re-oiled the bearings- still slow. Followed a suggestion that was made here on AK. Asked my wife for some old nail polish. I Disconnected the belt and while motor was running, hit the drive spindle with a coat of nail polish. Added two more coats and speed was dead on at 33.3. Apparently slow running is a common issue with this model.
Replaced the belt, now it's at least in the neighborhood. Running at 32.9 rpm as opposed to 32.3 on the old belt, so got me about halfway there. Might have to try the nail polish trick and see if that can get me the rest of the way.