• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MC275 at CES

Amp Meter Light trim control which is on all the preamps now will control the tube illumination. Light trim can be set to always off or changed on the fly to match your mood.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Not that I need a space heater here in Hawaii...although some of my friends do own tube amps here...I'm assuming only the most recent pre's, C48/50....can control those LED's? :scratch2:
 
There are some long running audio products like the Klipschhorn and Denon DL103 cartridge which were first made before MC275 in 1961. MC275 is the oldest amp design although 6 versions have been made over the years.

Most preamps over the last five or so years have Amp light control in the menus. C2200, C2300, MXs, C48, C50, C500, C1000 and so on. If you feed a 5 volt power control amp on signal with a MONO cable into the MC275 50th this will also kill the tube illumination.

thanks,
Ron-C
 
JWJW,

Feedback is agreeing with your opinion from those that see the new products.

Thanks,
Ron-C
 
Great looking amp:

MC275 50th Anniversary Limited Edition MC275 amplifier


XL_MC275_20110927_009.jpg


mc275_close_1.jpg


4.jpg
 
Last edited:
Seriously, now that I see it I could care less. If its the same Mc quality that we have all come to expect it doesn't matter. If it gets more people into the fold - especially women - I am all for it, bigtime. If women start to like this stuff our lives will be all better off (at least mine will). I am going to show it to my wife and see what she thinks. We should all be happy that the Mc275 is being made in 2012.
 
Seriously, now that I see it I could care less. If its the same Mc quality that we have all come to expect it doesn't matter. If it gets more people into the fold - especially women - I am all for it, bigtime. If women start to like this stuff our lives will be all better off (at least mine will). I am going to show it to my wife and see what she thinks. We should all be happy that the Mc275 is being made in 2012.

I agree :thmbsp:
 
Lovely pictures above, I think it will look even more beautiful in real life. I fully understand some people don't like the LED, but fortunatly for them, the orgininal mc275 is still being available, so just pick your poison ;)
 
If new features are being added to the MC275, why not some kind of tube hour meter? Even a little add on box off to the side.
 
How many new owners will immediately start tube rolling as soon as they open the box? :D
 
Here are a couple of shots of the new XR50 Bookshelf speaker combined with MA6600 integrated amplifier with TM2 tuner module installed and MC301 disk player. This system is a little over twice that of the compact MXA60 with similar features and could be used in average sized rooms.

The XR50 speakers were a star of the show in that they go down to 40Hz or below depending on room placement. People were looking for the subwoofer but there was none used. XR50 is a true three way design where the woofer runs from 40Hz to 500 Hz then the two 2" titanium Mid-Tweeters run to 8K where the 3/4" titanium super tweeter takes over up to 45 kHz. The three mid-high frequency drivers are mounted on a machined alloy baffle that is designed to minimize edge diffraction and increase imaging. The construction of the radial neo magnet titanium drivers allows very close M-T-M spacing as used in the large XRT2k and XRT1K speakers. Grills are magnetically attached and self centering.
These are ported out the rear and also have the Power Control illuminated McIntosh logo that matched the size and brightness of the same on the MCD301 and MA6600. Power from 75 to 300 watts will match XR50.

Over the course of the past two years these have been developed using countless blind A-B comparisons in front of dealers, advisors and many others who rated these against unknown premium speakers. Sound quality is assured.

In the areas of off axis listening and true deep bass response these are unmatched for their size. They will be shipping next month and are available in all three wood gloss finishes, Black, Red Walnut and Pear Maple.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Ron - have they started shipping yet?
 
How many new owners will immediately start tube rolling as soon as they open the box? :D

I can tell you one thing, Gold Lion KT88's, Siemens-Rohre ECC801s (12AT7), and Telefunken smooth plate 12AX7's sound better than the original Russian KT88's and Chinese 12AT7's / 12AX7's.

I am done tube rolling for awhile unless something fails. Except I may try some Psvane KT88's :scratch2:
 
McGloves and History Booklet

Hello Ron,

Any chance that McIntosh Labs will produce the McIntosh gloves or the booklet separately? Would be a nice touch to have them for the existing MC275 owners.

Thanks,
Robert
 
Back
Top Bottom