• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

McIntosh MT2 Turntable

I can attest to the value of the VTI. Great looking, functional, fillable with sand (which I haven't done b/c it looks like a pain) and CHEAP!!!!!!!! I have a 5 tire and it was under $400 shipped
 
Enjoyment,disappointment,frustration,bliss and most of all physical activity.Records get me off my ass and doing something not that I need it.I have two tables in my main system and I find picking out music,cleaning styluses,flipping records ect keeps me from getting a sore butt.Cheers.
 
At the risk of showing my complete ignorance, and this isn't a trap...

The McIntosh gear I have is all solid state. Aside from the WOW Factor, what would I get from a turntable that I wouldn't get from any digital input?

That is really a sincere question. I'm new to this and don't know the answer.
Well ... a question like this runs the risk of being considered the basis for a digital vs analog flame fest. For me, I simply get more enjoyment from my analog sources than my digital ones. IE - I can’t enjoy Jimi on anything but a record.

That being said, I have numerous examples of a shiny disc outperforming the very best analog example I own of a given album so I typically don’t say analog is universally superior to digital. My position is such - I’ll own the very best sources that I can afford in an effort to do justice to the respective media. As I own 2,500 LPs, a tt is a must ‘round here.
 
I'm so tempted by this TT but I'll probably have to pass. I own, and have owned, lots of McIntosh gear, but have never bought brand spanking new McIntosh. My wife would kill me - she bought me the Audio Technica turntable for Christmas in 2018. Plus, I would have to explain that I spent $3600 for a turntable to her. LOL No way to just 'sneak it' in - it would stick out like a (beautiful) sore thumb on atop my system. LOL
 
vinyl-new-yorker-580x580.jpg
 
At the risk of showing my complete ignorance, and this isn't a trap...

The McIntosh gear I have is all solid state. Aside from the WOW Factor, what would I get from a turntable that I wouldn't get from any digital input?

That is really a sincere question. I'm new to this and don't know the answer.

I'm sending you a PM. This thread is about the MT2, and I don't want to derail it.
 
Back
Top Bottom