• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

MCS 3275 over at that auction site

Register to hide this ad
I saw the fan on the receiver in the first auction, I don't think that's original. It's not a bad idea, I'd think you would want to take care where you tapped power from.
 
I just picked up a 3275 and I was wondering where to find replacement bulbs as it has several burned out. Two are real easy to replace and look like ones I have seen in cars....... Stanley 12V 5WPE

Are there any common sources for these?

A second question is how would one go about finding a place to service these vintage units? We have 3 different MCS receivers we use for their tuners in our home and all work perfectly but need things like bulbs replaced in gauges that look to be pretty tough to get to.
 
Do a member search for dgwojo, he should have the bulbs. There's a lot of good techs on the forum, what part of the country are you in?
 
We live on Fox Island which is a small island in Puget Sound near Tacoma Washington. I work near Seattle so I could take these receivers to anyone who can do the work from Olympia to Seattle...... We have a MCS 3275, a MCS 3248 and a MCS 3235. They all work great but each needs some bulbs replaced, two have a missing switch cover and one has a broken but workable speaker terminal. We use them for their tuners all through the house in different rooms with a total investment of about $60.00 for all three!

Thank you for taking the time to respond and to give us a lead to someone who may be able to help.
 
I picked up the MCS 3275 Thursday at Goodwill in Seattle for $19.99 plus tax. It was listed on Ebay as a "local pickup only".

The MCS 3235 was at the Goodwill in Gig Harbor WA for $12.99.

The MCS 3248 was at a Garage sale with its original speakers (looked brand new) for $20.00. It has an incredible all wood case - no vinyl overlay!
 
Back
Top Bottom