• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mcs 3275...

Register to hide this ad
Definately a " flagship " model if there was one. Maybe the interesting EQ display is bringing the numbers ? hehe
 
Believe it or not, some people* think the MCS 3275 and MCS 3125 were good sounding, solidly built vintage receivers in spite of the fact they were sold at JC Penney. The styling, with the built in equalizers and their graphic displays, is mostly loved or hated. No in between.
Those two models were supposedly built by NEC.
This page--> http://classicreceivers.com/category/receivers/modular-component-systems
has info on both models.
Those two models are at the top of the MCS lineup. Granted, there were several turds below those two models.





*I happen to be one of those people. I bought an MCS 3125 last fall and and am VERY happy with it. LOTS of good clean power and sounds really good.
Their most common weakness is dirty controls that cause channel drop outs. That problem is usually fixed by a good deoxit-ing.
 
Last edited:
I've seen talk of that model before. The AK members that own them seem to really like them. I'd pass on it, personally.
 
I've seen talk of that model before. The AK members that own them seem to really like them. I'd pass on it, personally.
Cant speak for the 3275 but the 3125 puts the Pioneer SX-1050 and SX-1080 to shame sound wise, trust me I have owned and listened to all three extensively :yes:



REGARDS SNOW
 
Here's mine & the 75wpc it puts out is stout! It's also a heavy piece too.

The aesthetics is not for everyone, but I like all the frills! :D

Man11.jpg

Rome
 
Back
Top Bottom