• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

MCS Left Channel No Sound.

Yeah. I think I will pass on both offers. Xp. -7 are too old, they will have problems for sure. And about the other pair it seems to be very low quality.

This is going to be hard to find
 
LOL..yeah, I know what you mean. Finding the right speakers can take a long time, and be frustrating - but when you find the right ones, you'll be glad you hunted for so long.
 
i heard good thinghs about this pair Audio Monitor B2. found a pair for $ 170 US. What do you think?
 

Attachments

  • Captura de pantalla 2017-01-07 a la(s) 5.02.06 p.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2017-01-07 a la(s) 5.02.06 p.m..png
    284.8 KB · Views: 4
i heard good thinghs about this pair Audio Monitor B2. found a pair for $ 170 US. What do you think?

I'm not familiar with this brand, so I tried to find some information on them. It seems they are very well liked by owners, but they look like they should be bi-amped for best sound. There should be a metal plate to connect both the red and the black terminals for hook ups to a single amp. That could be an issue - maybe not. They are also considered a bookshelf speaker, with nice sonics, but I doubt they will have much deep bass. See if you can listen to them before you buy. I would guess you will want more bass - so a powered subwoofer may be needed - especially in a large room. If I'm looking at the correct specs, these have an efficiency rating of 90dB, so your amp should be up for the job, but they will require a lot of volume to play loud. Adding a passive subwoofer to these (connected to your amp) may still produce a lot of heat.

The more I read about them, the more intrigued I get. I would need to hear these, and see if your amp can power them to high enough levels (for your ears) before I could say one way or another. They seem to be priced fair. Is there a way for you to audition these with your receiver before you buy?
 
"High end" is kind of the impression I was getting, too. They probably have great bass for up close listening, but how much will you want/need in your listening room? If you need more bass, these may end up being expensive satellites. Let your ears decide.
 
Yeah, I read that review. When talking about speakers, things get very subjective. By aiming these speakers at the "high end" crowd, you are going to hear words that would not be said about "regular" loudspeakers. The review says, "pleasing bass weight and scale". Just what exactly does that mean to regular people? To me, it says, "these speakers produce some bass, but they are still small, bookshelf designs, so don't expect much". I'm sure I would love their sound, but I still will need a subwoofer - I need very low bass that punches me in the gut. I've never owned a 6 1/2" two way bookshelf speaker that could. I'd bet that your Aiwas produce more bass than these (not better - more).

You said you had watched a movie last night, and it sounded good. Was that due to deep bass hitting hard, or was it something else? At the end of this review, it states, "For their size, these speakers dig deep in the bass". That's nice - but is it enough for your needs? If it were me, I would want to hear these, and hope they have the sound you are looking for.
 
you understand me very well. i also need that kind of bass. i think the best thing i can do it is go and listen them. i keep locking, now i found this Advent Laureate $150 USD too
 

Attachments

  • Captura de pantalla 2017-01-07 a la(s) 7.10.19 p.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2017-01-07 a la(s) 7.10.19 p.m..png
    221.8 KB · Views: 7
Oh, I like those Advents! I have a smaller version of these that I really like. The main issue with these is the woofer surround foam has fallen apart after all these years. Have these been re-foamed? I'm guessing they have, and IF they have, was the job done correctly? If you listen to these, play them LOUD - to see that the woofers aren't scraping or rubbing. A poor re-foam job would be a deal killer for me on this model.

Oh, and ask the seller if they are completely original - meaning the woofers are original and untouched. If he says yes, then offer half that price - because these WILL need new surrounds on the woofers. Maybe your tech could do it for you if you don't feel comfortable doing it.
 
More info about Advent Laureate


Frequency Response: 42Hz ro 23kHz
Impedance {nominal): 6=8 ohms
Power Requirements: 10-150 Watts RMS
Sensitivity (2.83 Volts @ 1meter): 90 dB
Crossover Frequency: 3kHz
Freq.Range: Low 34Hz-8dB, High: 23kHz-3dB
Tweeter: 1" Ferrofluid parabolic soft dome
Woofers: 2x6.5" high excurs. aluminum coil
Cabinet size: H: 32.75", D: 12", W: 9"
Weight: 35 Lbs each
Finish: Solid pecan top & face; fiberboard
 
Yeah, the soft dome tweeters are very smooth and easy to listen to. Bass down to 34 Hz is good. It drops off by 8dB, but you can easily compensate for that the your EQ. They do need some power, but they should have enough bass - especially if you place them near corners in your room.
 
ok las pair of the day. The owner says that one speakers (dont know which one) has been change because the other one got damage. he is asking for $150. seems a good deal, but not sure about the fix


Ads L 990
 

Attachments

  • Captura de pantalla 2017-01-07 a la(s) 7.32.17 p.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2017-01-07 a la(s) 7.32.17 p.m..png
    161.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Captura de pantalla 2017-01-07 a la(s) 7.32.03 p.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2017-01-07 a la(s) 7.32.03 p.m..png
    241.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Captura de pantalla 2017-01-07 a la(s) 7.34.48 p.m..png
    Captura de pantalla 2017-01-07 a la(s) 7.34.48 p.m..png
    246.7 KB · Views: 5
Oh, I'd stay away from that one. It looks like he replaced the original woofer with a 4 ohm woofer designed for a car. Those won't sound right, and could be very hard on your receiver.
 
yes i saw the pic and i can see the difference.

well at the end of this day just two options. Monitor Audio B2 Vs Advent Laureate. To listen the advent Laurent i have to wait a week. Those i think are the best option so far.
 
I like your two choices. I hope the Advent's woofers are good. You can lightly press on them with your finger to see how pliable they are. Playing them very loud will let you know if they are in good condition. Good luck!
 
Back
Top Bottom