• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

More shipping damage MT-10!

AudioWizard

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Another case of shipping damage, this time a MT-10. Came in with cracked glass and damaged tone arm, parts on order.


IMG_2779.jpeg
 
Register to hide this ad
I guess the “glass half full” pov is you were at least were able to source replacement parts…
 
Hallo!
Very sad too see..and a nice turntable. Had one and regret that I sold it.

I always pick up my Mcintosh stuff myself regardless of the distance travel.
 
IMG_2798.jpegIMG_2799.jpegIMG_2800.jpegParts are rolling in, found that when the glass cracked, it also scratched the blue filter behind the meter opening. So had to order that too. And the complete tonearm just showed up from Germany. Customer should be pleased with the outcome!
 
Read a story recently. Whole golf team had just landed somewhere. They were on the plane watching from the windows as the baggage handler on the tarmac was tossing their bags of clubs several feet in the air and onto the runway—clearly damaging them. They got it on film, so the airline (spewing the usual “this is not who we are” boilerplate) had to reimburse the golfers. Didn’t help that day’s golf game, I presume.
 
Just Beautiful!
Awesome job on the repair.

I would blame the packer!
Shipping a McIntosh product without McIntosh packaging -- well the proof is in the pudding, as shown above.

I remember way back when I was going to send my 2505 to Dewickt, and McIntosh wanted $50 for the box, at the time I thought it pretty outrageous-- I paid it though.
To Terry and back unscathed.
The box resides upstairs, not to be gotten rid of.
I hear Audio Classics has boxes as well.
Can imagine the price today.
 
The thing is from my understanding of the situation, is that it was shipped in the factory box, but not packed correctly especially around the tonearm. Not sure why the glass got cracked. When we got it in, it was out of the box. Thank god the platter was off, cause it's really heavy.
 
Wow! Packing in Mc packaging, and not the care to pack the arm proper.
Maybe the platter would serve best to knock the person upside the head.
But then you wouldn't have the repair work ....
 
Back
Top Bottom