• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

most creative album covers

Can you dig it?

jonah_jones.jpg
 
Hendrix-Axis Bold as Love
Rush-A Farewell to Kings
Pink Floyd-Dark Side of the Moon

i'm too lazy to get pics.
 
The Moody Blues "Long Distance Voyager" has a Victorian engraving by an unknown artist that spreads across the front and rear covers and is one of the best things I have ever seen. There must be a dozen or more individuals drawn in detail and every one of them is a marvellous portrait... and the whole scene works, as well.
 
How About This One?

What about Jethro Tull "Living in the Past"?

Mine is beat up, but i think this is the coolest album cover i've ever seen.

It has a front and back cover like a hard-back book.

There are two records, 20 pages, and 58 photos.
 

Attachments

  • GEDC0042.jpg
    GEDC0042.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 55
  • GEDC0047.jpg
    GEDC0047.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 51
  • GEDC0048.jpg
    GEDC0048.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 43
  • GEDC0049.jpg
    GEDC0049.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 43
  • GEDC0061.jpg
    GEDC0061.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 53
Here's a couple more contenders.

Chicago 8 (included iron on transfer).

Grand Funk "Shinin' On" with 3D poster and glasses.
 

Attachments

  • GEDC0076.jpg
    GEDC0076.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 37
  • GEDC0074.jpg
    GEDC0074.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 32
Dusty Springfield- Look Of Love.
Jose Feliciano- Feliciano.
The Love Unlimited Orchestra- White Gold
Vince Guaraldi Trio- Cast Your Fate To The Wind

All originals in nice shape. The Guaraldi is black vinyl. Man, the pickens have been very slim lately.
 
200 Motels/Live In New York 1971

Here's a couple. And don't forget Weasels Ripped My Flesh and The Man From Utopia.
 

Attachments

  • frank_zappa_-_fillmore_east_june_1971_a.jpg
    frank_zappa_-_fillmore_east_june_1971_a.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 26
  • Frank_Zappa_-_200_Motels-front.jpg
    Frank_Zappa_-_200_Motels-front.jpg
    173.7 KB · Views: 36
a bit too smooth jazz for my taste, but these folks often have
maxfield parrishish type art, which is fairly kewl.

1650mca.gif



I have always been partial to good photography work, so I tend to favor
simple layout...

fredmcd.jpg


Not sure wtf is going on here.

mgv2065verve.jpg


Also, as mentioned elsewwwhere, R Crumb covers are usually good
for a grin, or three.

yazoocrumb.jpg
 
Last edited:
Doobie Brothers - TOULOUSE STREET

I'm not going to post it because it has partial nudity on the inside foldout. The band and their girlfriends (or some french ladies) scantily clad and taking a break from all the hard work.
 
I'll submit Elton John's "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy" as being pretty creative. I just found a stack of '70's LP's (60 or so) in the attic I had forgotten I even had and this one caught my eye. I even found a few 1960's mono Beatles Capitol LP's from my childhood (example below) but alas, they're in very poor shape. The '70's stuff is in great shape. :)

cf1.jpg


cf2.jpg
 

Attachments

  • sgt_p_mono.jpg
    sgt_p_mono.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 19
Faces- Ooh La La

You get the effect by pushing down on the cover, the guy yaks like a puppet. And the eyes change color. Now that is a creative cover.
 

Attachments

  • oo-la-la.jpg
    oo-la-la.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom