Back in the day (read: jr and high school, only job(s) grass cutting) I had a 4x8 PACKED with track and stock that I came to after the Christmas 3x6 was too small.
The day I finished it I went to a 6x12 walk-in...taking over half the 2 car garage. When I went off to college I got rid of it, sold all the tyco/lifelike/bachman/ahm, kept the athearn, MDC, TMI etc and boxed it.
When I got a real job I put a 4x8 in the basement, expandable to an 18x8 'L', but never finished - however I collected more fine stock. I have Atlas locos NiB waiting for the day....
Kid #1: no interest in trains
Kid #2: interest and he is starting to get to the point where he is not 'Godzilla' with them.
I got 2 large pampers boxes (figures) filled with the locos and stock, I still have the troller twin momentum 5, I have over 1000 feet of track including 50 switches in other boxes, waiting.
Will I get to it before St Peter calls me home? Unknown...I would have to give up another hobby...perhaps the radio/stereo restores? The customizing of my squarebody suburban? The auction software project? Mebbe if I hit the lotto so I would not have to waste 8 hours of my day at work...
The day I finished it I went to a 6x12 walk-in...taking over half the 2 car garage. When I went off to college I got rid of it, sold all the tyco/lifelike/bachman/ahm, kept the athearn, MDC, TMI etc and boxed it.
When I got a real job I put a 4x8 in the basement, expandable to an 18x8 'L', but never finished - however I collected more fine stock. I have Atlas locos NiB waiting for the day....
Kid #1: no interest in trains
Kid #2: interest and he is starting to get to the point where he is not 'Godzilla' with them.
I got 2 large pampers boxes (figures) filled with the locos and stock, I still have the troller twin momentum 5, I have over 1000 feet of track including 50 switches in other boxes, waiting.
Will I get to it before St Peter calls me home? Unknown...I would have to give up another hobby...perhaps the radio/stereo restores? The customizing of my squarebody suburban? The auction software project? Mebbe if I hit the lotto so I would not have to waste 8 hours of my day at work...