• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My another one vintage speakers - Beovox 5702

I finished grill fabric cloth:

934b9fdbbbf76d66.jpg


bca5702768c61ed2.jpg
 
Now is time for woofers technical specification.
In Beovox 5700/5702 were two types of woofers: Philips AD10100 and Philips AD1056. I knew that difference is in magnet, AD10100 is FXD300 (ceramic) and AD1056 is Ticonal (alnico) but I couldn't find the AD1056 technical specification... till now.

First AD10100:
51417e58e42a4bc4.jpg


27058faa9b9e165c.jpg


6005ebe20bcaffab.jpg


be3bc4af6155709f.jpg


and AD1056
59dd05b3fad62f85.jpg


ef630a6adc6f3c57.jpg


I see difference in resonance frequency 25Hz (10100) vs 20Hz (1056) and frequency range 35Hz - 800Hz (10100) vs 18Hz - 1000Hz (1056)... and now question: What does it means for me ?? Maybe nothing ??
 
The latter woofer would be capable of reproducing lower bass notes, but it's not like you can just swap one out for the other, since the passive radiator is different.
 
The latter woofer would be capable of reproducing lower bass notes.

You mean this older AD1056 with 20Hz resonance and 18 - 1000 Hz range. I think that this woofer was always in 5702 ( but maybe 10100 too).

In 5700 was AD1056 and AD10100 depending on the series with the same passive radiator.
 
Last edited:
Yes, a lower resonant frequency usually translates into lower bass capability. Are you looking to modify something or are you just curious?
 
I'm very curious, and I want to understand how big difference was between the same speaker depends on uses different elements. Some says that bass is very pure, some says that is impressive. For me is much more that in my KEF104aB but in some Beovox 5700 you don't hear low frequencies.
 
This interests me too. I have three AD1056 and one AD10100, all with rotted dust caps. The mismatched pair came to me as bare woofers so I don't know their history. However, I have read (on MBFreaks site I think, or some European site) that AD10100 was the replacement for AD1056 and intended as a direct replacement. From memory it was stated that they sound very similar and sometimes one of each be found in a pair of speakers.
 
I read on the Dutch website that AD1056 is the direct successor of AD1055 and 10100 due to the ceramic magnet sounds different.

6dc4fab2cf0bb014.jpg


97ca0b0181b1edb1.jpg


you can compare sound characteristic, it is almost the same
 
Because I will order crossovers capacitors I have a question about "tropical fishes". I read opinion that "Mullard polyester caps are some of the most
reliable components on this planet" and no need to replace it.

More opinion on it please.
 
I only replaced the e caps in my pair, the general consensus over at beoworld is that the films do not need to be replaced. The top end in mine is still very detailed.
 
Thanks for posting about these Martynka. I really like the look and style of these. Maybe some will come along around here some day.
 
Thanks, I finished wooden work in garage. After half hour I bring Beovox back to home and show few photo from work.
 
There was a thick layer of varnish on the top of the boxes.

6dac56686fe686b3.jpg

bb2fed2c6cc1d4fa.jpg

99149e0334eb49b4.jpg

cee7a76c84f4e935.jpg

608c62f92f636639.jpg


One of the previous owners apply varnish to hide the scratches. These white marks on top after sanding, are an old putty and new problem for me.
524a381b86d9449e.jpg

2653ebc1d576324e.jpg

29e97b1ca5aa3828.jpg

dfb45952feb862c5.jpg

739fa98ace7a0268.jpg

53f53f2c67480c76.jpg


and time to put first layer of oil.
4596d3bfc5459530.jpg

78f5ff78115fcaab.jpg


half an hour later I wiped the surface with oil and here's the effect.
376911baec895b52.jpg

3ac2c392d7961f85.jpg


tomorrow I will apply second layer of oil and I will try resolve problem with white marks because it still stays on top after oiling.
 
I wrote about problem with white putty. After oiling white marks were "whiter". It was ceramic or synthetic putty without the possibility of coloring.
6ce248192596e518.jpg


It was only one way - removed it
d036b395e1631f37.jpg


and apply new putty
e47507e68e8c27f6.jpg


today I will try to sanding it one more time.
 
I almost finish boxes, but now question about crossovers.

This is scheme of Beovox 5700 crossover.

ea534a686a6e7f19.jpg


In Beovox 5702 I have a different:

In the woofer section instead of 100uF (2 x 50uF) I have 75uF
In the mid tone section instead of 3.3uF and 12uF I have 1uF tropical fish, one 2.2uF tropical fish and 20uF
In the hi tone section instead of 2uF (2 x 1uF tropical fish) and 5uF I have 1uF tropical fish, one 2.2uF tropical fish and one 8uF

In both speakers are the same drivers only different ABR. Why crossovers are so diferent ??I understand that this may be a different subwoofer section because a different ABR, but why different rest?

And what this difference changed ?? different frequency range in each section ??

I think these two speakers may sound a little different... or not ??
 
Last edited:
oooo... @Oldsansui441, you have AD1056 to??

My friend yesterday pick up 5700, later series I think ( veneer looks like in my M70, my looks like in older 5000 ), he has alnico and this second crossover with two 50uF in woofer.

I want to go to him with my Beolab and 5702 to compare it.
 
Yes, mine have the Philips AD-1056's. Interesting about your friends 5700 version, mine are type 6229 if that helps?

There is no reference to the crossover version anywhere online that we both apparently have.
 
Back
Top Bottom