• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My another one vintage speakers - Beovox 5702

mine are type 6229 if that helps

His :
c2121800565615ce.jpg


I try to find some info about our crossover but you know... nothing.
 
Last edited:
Today I received terminals and foam to seal the speakers from Monacor. Those original speaker cable are to old and to weak. I want to use my wires and I chose terminal with gold plated banana slot and nut for screwing on the fork plugs or cables.

d1b83b4f521cbfa0.jpg


I ordered too and wait for package from Falcon Acoustics UK with Alcap electrolytic capacitors.
 
and continuing my photoblog ....

I took out my KEF's. I changed sealing foam on ABR, and put more speaker damping inside.

76676f5cd42e022f.jpg


7b8d3704df4aa188.jpg


I took out crossovers and changed wires and put new foam on all drivers

710c0ff34398980c.jpg


43c792bef910e232.jpg


and I painted speaker mounts

ace4f9337bffc57a.jpg


now visually I finish my Beovox 5702

378dbfdea8ad81d0.jpg


I only wait for Alcap electrolytic capacitor.
 
Last edited:
Thanks @Oldsansui441 . On photo looks a bit brighter.

I finished work late night and today morning ( it is 10 hours difference between our countries ) I start listening music. I'm surprised because I only changed wires and sealed drivers/boxes but I have more bas, Now it's sounds more like my M70 but with much better mid and hi tones.

... and I can use my wires not those junkyard orginal :)
 
I start listening music. I'm surprised because I only changed wires and sealed drivers/boxes but I have more bas

That is good news, sounds like you had the same experience as me.

but he has problems with remove old foam and glue. How he can do it ??

They are the exact dust caps l used. I used a really sharp razor blade to remove any excess foam/glue, l didn't trim as far down as l normally would because l didn't want to start getting too near the cone/voice coil former joint. The new dust caps are just large enough to cover any small amount of the remaining old edge.
 
I don't have yet capacitors but I start compare. Now, after sealed 5702 sounds better than M70. Not only hi and mid tones, bas is better too, less synthetic, more natural and the has same power. 5702 sounds brighter and my ears prefer it .

Yesterday, I played ZZ Top - "La grange" and at first tones I was in shock, this song start with high and mid tones and after that start play low too. This hi and mid was incredible for me and bass was strong enough, like should be. Not too heavy, not tiring and gained on dynamics that was not before.
 
and continuing my photoblog ....

I took out my KEF's. I changed sealing foam on ABR, and put more speaker damping inside.

76676f5cd42e022f.jpg


7b8d3704df4aa188.jpg


I took out crossovers and changed wires and put new foam on all drivers

710c0ff34398980c.jpg


43c792bef910e232.jpg


and I painted speaker mounts



I only wait for Alcap electrolytic capacitor.
Is that polyfil stock?
 
Probably, but you shuold try add more and decide. In my opinion add damping it is better in speaker with ABR.
It's always fun to try out stuff.
Most if not all of the speakers I've owned that use a passive radiator had zero fill behind the abr.
 
In my KEF 104aB

9db18a9ebf6ad2cc.jpg


with the same passive radiator I added polyfill too. Effect: less vibrations on boxes and better controled ABR.
 
Back
Top Bottom