• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My another one vintage speakers - Beovox 5702

When my friend called that, the stands are ready, I was in my car in 2 seconds. I couldn't wait until tomorrow. So I'm in the paint shop and my jaw dropped.

780fea4a6bd7b3c1.jpg


Now home quickly to put 5702 on it.
 
Beovox 3800... I can say only one - WOW !!!

Smaller than 5702, uglier under masks, looks like product from garage. I bought it only for stands to my 5702. I connected, pushed play button and I love it, this sound. Deep bass, nice mid and high. Then I connected one 5702 and one 3800 I thought that my 5702 woofer is broken. At low volume I heard bass from "British" beovox. Low frequencies sounds more like M70. 12" Goodmans woofer rules. Goodmans mid sound sweet and strong, Philips high tones are nice. Not amazing but good. After first listening I stared refurbish.
 
I ordered caps and terminals and started works at visual aspect of 3800.7

First grill mask:

old were in bad condition, fabric with stains and dirt and broken plywood.

fae4730765c9d38f.jpg


First time I had to do completely new from zero.

I took "polysomething" plate and cut two pieces, outside big and inside small.

81db1a3485f4461a.jpg


I glued this parts to one piece and cuted holes.

2d3246b3830e71b7.jpg

d9d80ffab0cf50d1.jpg


I painted it on black and put metal squares for magnets.

b457dfb75313ab0f.jpg


35a31da52002b4a3.jpg


and at last, new fabric.

56cdab4dc7f3845b.jpg


one more time old ones to compare

fae4730765c9d38f.jpg


and finally on places

1bc59c8e9a8148c7.jpg


like you see, boxes are prepare to put new colour but maybe I show it next time.
 
I always enjoy your threads on rebuilds. I think it is the humour with which you approach each project.

That ebony is stunning! You have given new life to those speakers. :thumbsup:
 
Thank you very much. I will add a word about listening to 3800. After putting everything together, I connected them to the amplifier. I wanted to check if everything was ok.

First - everything is ok.
Second - ... Goodmans ate Celestion and didn't even drink.

When I listened through the SS amp, the transistors gave Beovox 5702 wonderful sound but my tube amp made the vocals backwards and hid somewhere on the stage ... and at the sight of Beovox 3800 they ran back onto the stage and sang with great power and energy. The sound of the guitar that accompanies Mark Knopfler voice at brothers in Arms again got that claw that falls under the skin.
 
Do you remember that ??

When I listened through the SS amp, the transistors gave Beovox 5702 wonderful sound but my tube amp made the vocals backwards and hid somewhere on the stage

Problem completely solves, everything returns to its place after connecting source via this simple DAC.

8d6913d2d6cc3024.jpg
 
I bought next. This time 5700 (6253) also with trumpet stands in ideal condition. I should have it in my home next week :jump:
 
I bought next. This time 5700 (6253) also with trumpet stands in ideal condition.

Haha, you will have Beovox's everywhere :).

Your 3800's and your custom stands look absolutely beautiful, excellent work. One question Martynka, when you replaced the veneer on those 3800's how did you remove enough of the old veneer so as the new veneer sits flush with the front aluminium trim piece?
 
Back
Top Bottom