• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My new power cables

cubdog

banging through drywall
I recently purchased two new power cables to see what the fuss is all about.
The first is a 2 meter Emotiva X Series IEC Shielded Cable. The second is a 4 ft. Gold Series Cable from Cullen Cable.

cubdog
 

Attachments

  • IMG_1721.jpg
    IMG_1721.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1722.jpg
    IMG_1722.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 71
  • IMG_1723.jpg
    IMG_1723.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_1724.jpg
    IMG_1724.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_1726.jpg
    IMG_1726.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 66
Register to hide this ad
Even though we're all anxious, give yourself time to form an opinion. We look forward to your thoughts.
 
You guys are more impatient than my wife. Sorry dear, just kidding. I'll post some initial observations later today. For now you have to wait. I'm heading to the golf course. :D

cubdog
 
While it is too early for me to give any definitive opinions on these power cables I can speak to their construction. Both are impressive and I see no apparent flaws in the construction. The materials used look and feel first rate. The Cullen is especially impressive and I can't imagine how a power cord could be visually any nicer.
Dealing with both Emotiva and Cullen was quite satisfactory. I both the Emo cable on sale. It was shipped and received quickly and was well packaged.
Cullen Cable is a small company run by Patrick Cullen. He was a joy to work with. I dealt with Patrick personally explaining my needs and budget. I feel like he bent over backwards to fulfill those needs. The Cullen cable was made to order and also shipped promptly. Mr. Cullen gets my highest recommendation.
I will add to this thread as I listen to and evaluate each cable.

cubdog
 
Back
Top Bottom