• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My New Record Clamp

Here is a pic of the record weight/handle I made for use with my DIY record cleaning machine. Can be changed however you want for your needs but I chose a wider base to keep the record label from getting wet. Just a hockey puck, a round electrical junction box cover, and for padding that gripped, I used an old mouse pad I wasn't using with the rubber side down. Silicone holds all pieces together firmly.

That is BRILLIANT! I'm in the process of putting together a DIY RCM and this looks like just the ticket for protecting the labels. Now, where to find a hockey puck here in Texas. :scratch2:
 
That is BRILLIANT! I'm in the process of putting together a DIY RCM and this looks like just the ticket for protecting the labels. Now, where to find a hockey puck here in Texas. :scratch2:

If you cannot find one in the land of the "Dallas Stars", let me know and I will send one to you N/C.
 
Really cool looking device, how much does it weigh?

Nice picture of your TT also.
Thanks,
JOhn.:music:

Had to look it up on one of those "trivia" sites. The official weight of a hockey puck is 5.5 to 6 ounces. The other pieces don't weigh much at all.

The turntable is an Ariston RD 50
 
You are correct. It is a "weight" and not a clamp. Either way, it does well to hold the record flat and it's easy to place and remove. My direct drive Dual has no problem spinning the platter but I have not tried it on a belt drive.

my HK T60 is belt and came with a weight no issues here:thmbsp:
 
how about just changing the name to "clamping device".

regardless of the type of device used, the result is the same --- the record is clamped down onto the platter. one type by gripping, the other type by sheer mass and gravity.

how do you figure that one is "active" and one is "passive"?
 
Got this 2 NOS Audio Technica at-66 ex disc stabilizer with suction pump for around 85 USD for both. . .Not really a record clamp but sucks the record flat on the platter. . .Comes with a suction apparatus. Works great and no complaints so far :)

I0000PZYtMl3bZIM.jpg

I0000_qtA2NYoNkg.jpg

I0000O42jsn4zqUg.jpg

I0000POSD8lBA5xY.jpg

I0000P3u.Q6FwR_Y.jpg


My short vid on how to operate:)
 
Back
Top Bottom