• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My Other AR-XA, sounds awesome...

jleon92f

Addicted Member
My other AR-XA, fully stock, but for the Grado Black...


4715587207_f4da97ae0e_b.jpg



Thanks,
John.:music::D
 
Register to hide this ad
The Grado shouldn't hum on the AR. Synchro motor is opposite the arm and the platter is non-inductive aluminum.

Don't be so sure. My AR hummed very slightly with a Grado Green in the headshell. It never hummed with any other cartridge that I used with it.
 
How to you clean the records without the dust cover? A record brush? I've been looking at my table and it looks way darn better without the translucent-smoke acrylic half-box attached to it.
 
I get sibilances with my grado red on my XA, do you get clean sound all the way to the inside tracks? I've tried different tracking, and it is record dependent, but I've read it's common with this combo. Have you experienced this?
 
I get sibilances with my grado red on my XA, do you get clean sound all the way to the inside tracks? I've tried different tracking, and it is record dependent, but I've read it's common with this combo. Have you experienced this?

I will have to check further on the sound, I don't seem to hear anything off, great TT.:yes:

What is your VTF?:scratch2:

Thanks,
John.:music::D
 
I get sibilances with my grado red on my XA, do you get clean sound all the way to the inside tracks? I've tried different tracking, and it is record dependent, but I've read it's common with this combo. Have you experienced this?

It sounds good all the way through on mine, I do have a Hum at higher volumes, test with arm at rest and volume up platter not turning.

Thanks,
John.:music::D
 
Back
Top Bottom