• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My sonic temple...new listening space under construction

Still waiting on windows. And even after they arrive, just about all my effort will be focused on getting the master suite addition completed and the wife to be and her son moved in before the end of March...which means the studio will be used for storage for a while while we get all of our "stuff" sorted for garage sale/donation/storage. I'm hoping by late spring/early summer things will be taking shape in the studio.
 
Still waiting on windows. And even after they arrive, just about all my effort will be focused on getting the master suite addition completed and the wife to be and her son moved in before the end of March...which means the studio will be used for storage for a while while we get all of our "stuff" sorted for garage sale/donation/storage. I'm hoping by late spring/early summer things will be taking shape in the studio.
.
Well, that just sucks!

The entire population of AK was looking forward to coming over next week for a critical listening party in the new sonic temple......guess we'll have to wait now until summer..... :mad:
.
 
.
Well, that just sucks!

The entire population of AK was looking forward to coming over next week for a critical listening party in the new sonic temple......guess we'll have to wait now until summer..... :mad:
.

Oh man...feelin the pressure already. ;)
 
Still waiting on windows. And even after they arrive, just about all my effort will be focused on getting the master suite addition completed and the wife to be and her son moved in before the end of March...which means the studio will be used for storage for a while while we get all of our "stuff" sorted for garage sale/donation/storage. I'm hoping by late spring/early summer things will be taking shape in the studio.

.
Well, that just sucks!

The entire population of AK was looking forward to coming over next week for a critical listening party in the new sonic temple......guess we'll have to wait now until summer..... :mad:
.

Oh man...feelin the pressure already. ;)
.
Pressure is building.....

It's April....wife to be and son should be properly moved in by now....

...."Stuff" sorting is probably commencing........

Garage sale/donation/storage soon???????

Late spring is almost here......................

:music::beerchug::music:
 
.
Pressure is building.....

It's April....wife to be and son should be properly moved in by now....

...."Stuff" sorting is probably commencing........

Garage sale/donation/storage soon???????

Late spring is almost here......................

:music::beerchug::music:

:rflmao:

This has been an absurdly frustrating experience...so much so that I just have to laugh lest I cry. The construction world is upside down...materials are hard to get, subcontractors are hard to get (they're all understaffed and busy as hell in my neck of the woods), and prices on practically everything have increased substantially since I was given a bid on the job over a year ago. The master suite addition is still a month away from being completed and over budget, of course. The listening room/studio is finished on the exterior, but I can't get in there and finish out the interior until the master suite is done and all the "stuff" we have has been sorted and thinned out. Still hoping by early summer I can get cracking on it.

I'll get some pics of the structure as it sits now and post them up in the next day or so.
 
Last edited:
:rflmao:

This has been an absurdly frustrating experience...so much so that I just have to laugh lest I cry. The construction world is upside down...materials are hard to get, subcontractors are hard to get (they're all understaffed and busy as hell in my neck of the woods), and prices on practically everything have increased substantially since I was given a bid on the job over a year ago. The master suite addition is still a month away from being completed and over budget, of course. The listening room/studio is finished on the exterior, but I can't get in there and finish out the interior until the master suite is done and all the "stuff" we have has been sorted and thinned out. Still hoping by early summer I can get cracking on it.

I'll get some pics of the structure as it sits now and post them up in the next day or so.
.
Understand. I'm in your neck of the woods. Not enough help in DFW.

Price increases will continue. Article today in the papers reporting the Labor Department said Tuesday that its consumer price index jumped 8.5% in March from 12 months earlier — the biggest year-over-year increase since December 1981.

So - it will continue and expect a year from now (when everything is finally complete!), that it will have cost you at least 10-15% more than you originally thought (a year ago).

And that's not even taking into account the new wife and kid. They will be way more expensive than an 8.5% increase, or 10-15%............

:eek:
 
.
Understand. I'm in your neck of the woods. Not enough help in DFW.

Price increases will continue. Article today in the papers reporting the Labor Department said Tuesday that its consumer price index jumped 8.5% in March from 12 months earlier — the biggest year-over-year increase since December 1981.

So - it will continue and expect a year from now (when everything is finally complete!), that it will have cost you at least 10-15% more than you originally thought (a year ago).

And that's not even taking into account the new wife and kid. They will be way more expensive than an 8.5% increase, or 10-15%............

:eek:

Yes, inflation is real and very much being felt. I've dodged a few bullets throughout this process, but have taken many more than I've evaded.
Fortunately, the wife makes more than I, isn't a big spender, and her son is 19 and getting a place of his own soon. So the recent marriage may not be much of a financial burden...if at all.
 
Looks like the tub is in the sweet spot.
Now THAT'S an idea....

I have a question about the earlier pictures. There was a board hanging vertically from the top of the roof in the middle of the room. Was that used to support the beam as you attached it on both ends?
 
Last edited:
.
It's past Memorial Day, which means it is now 'early summer'.

:lurk:

Well, progress on the master suite addition has been moving at a snail's pace. It's in the final stretch, but weather delays and trouble getting subcontractors to stay on schedule since the beginning of the year have created some significant set backs. I think we're about a month from completion on that structure (damn...how many times have I said that now???), so there will be a month or so after that when the music studio will be used for storage while we sort out all the belongings from two households. I'd be a sorry liar if I said I was looking forward to the next few months. Moving during a Texas summer kinda sucks.
 
Ran some low frequency sweeps through a pair of SVS 12" sealed subs this morning to check for vibrations/buzzing in the structure before I start installing insulation. Structure is good, but the windows are gonna need some attention. Got some noise from the garage door hardware/rails in the attached garage that will need some attention, too. Also, wifi signal is pretty weak and I'm going to be streaming mostly, so I'll need to figure out how to improve that situation. Any suggestions?
PXL_20220618_171940690.jpg
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom