• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

My turntables failed the Telarc 1812 Overture Test SO HARD....

Kodaline

Super Member
that the vendor off Ebay from whom I bought the record send an entirely different record in the package instead and now I have to return it. I received this album instead pictured below. While I can imagine how this sort of error can be made (akin to wrong checks in wrong envelopes paying bills, for instance), it's pretty sloppy. I hope the record I bought didn't get send to someone else as well (though that's probably what happened.)

I'll find a source for this record elsewhere, not sure I want anything from this seller at this point, lol.


20220214_195748.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
ZWc.jpeg


My Audio Technica VM540ML with it's Microline stylus just barely tracked the cannonball shots. Hardly any cartridges can track that. This is the copy I have.
 
yep, agree completely with @Ken Boyd , you may not have gotten what you ordered, but you got a better record. Its not too easy to track either.

Many expensive carts, will have problems with it. have to say though the Telarc 1812 was famous for tossing stylus tips right out of the groove. If your cart can track either of these, you have a pretty good tracker.
 
I like a lot of Tchaikovsky. The black swan song out of Swan Lake got used enough as the theme for Dracula in the silents and first talking movies that they're linked now.

If you watch videos of Bella Lugosi's Dracula films, one of the ones where he talks about the children of the night on the stairway, you can see an armadillo run across the set.
 
I'd keep The Firebird Suite record. It is really good. Maybe work a deal for the 1812 to be sent, too.

Played the Stravinsky at a recent get together and it had one startled out of the chair when the quiet ended and it got loud.
 
I have I guess the more tame copy, every single cartridge I have has tracked it no problem.

I have the Telarc Omnidisc also, which apparently has progressively more and more difficult to track versions of the canons, haven't tried it though.
 
I sold my 1812 Telarc years ago. With the money I bought Telarc CD's. One was the 1812. Do I miss the LP, not really. But it was fun to show folks my 981 Hzl Stanton would trace the grooves with no issues. The V-15V MR had no issues either. I cheated as I was using a linear arm. My Ortofons would cry uncle trying to trace the record, but my linear tone arm really helped. Of course I had to ncrease the tracking to 3 to 4 grams depending on which Ortofon I was using. The SL-15 Mk II and SL 20 and 30 did quite well at 3 grams. Not perfect, but they didn't breakup or hop out. It just sounded compressed.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom