• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Mystery Advent speakers, what are they, and are they worth it?

Register to hide this ad
If these are still available, I think its better deal:

http://chicago.craigslist.org/nch/ele/1086901111.html

Roughly the same era (I'm not sure why the ad you posted said those are 3 years old) Advents, but I think the Maestro was farther up the line of the Jensen ear advents. Don't quote me on that.

Update....

...just read the ad again...seems woofers aren't stock. That could be a no-no, but the originals can be found. I have the small Baby Advents from about his era, and they're a nice speaker. Jensen era advents aren't the advents that everybody talks about but the ones I've heard aren't bad speakers. $80 is an ok but not great price for the ones you posted. You can find Original or New Large Advents for that, and they'd be more 'collectible' but may or may not sound better to you.
 
Last edited:
The second pair are Maestros. Not bad sounding, sold for about $500-$550 per pair in the late 80's. Ran them with my Hafler 220's.
 
Seem expensive to me -- certainly decent speakers, though almost certainly will need refoaming. But they aren't hard to find, and for less.
 
Looks like the Advent Legacy II. I got a pair for $4 at Goodwill. Really nice finish work, I think its pecan, someone once mentioned here? Really niice sound, but the Boston Acoustics A70 edges it out a bit. $80 is pretty high.
 
Agreed - $80 is high for the legacies, considering the fact that they will need to be refoamed ($20 if it is your first time and do not have supplies)

But, these are very good speakers, I enjoy them more than Large Advents.
 
Back
Top Bottom