• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Need guidance on best way to amp (2) A/D/S SB10 woofers

Biff_Malibu

New Member
So I have been the proud owner of two A/D/S SB10 10 in subs that are mounted in their factory made box. I have been using them at home with a 5.1 receiver and love the bass they deliver. I would like to hear their max potential in my car but have found it difficult to find qualified instructions on the highest and best way to wire the to an amp. Example: can they be wired for 2 ohm? Parallel or in series? I appreciate your time if you have the knowledge I am seeking! Thanks in advance, Biff
 
Register to hide this ad
Each sub is 4 ohms. Wire them in parallel for 2 ohms if you wish.

Personally I'd run them separately, each with their own amp channel.

Oh, you can't go wrong with a period-piece a/d/s PQ-20. IIRC it's 4x 80W, so use it to run the front speakers as well.
 
Each sub is 4 ohms. Wire them in parallel for 2 ohms if you wish.

Personally I'd run them separately, each with their own amp channel.

Oh, you can't go wrong with a period-piece a/d/s PQ-20. IIRC it's 4x 80W, so use it to run the front speakers as well.
Thank you
 
Back
Top Bottom