• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

NEED HELP WITH UPGRADES

Califmike33

Well-Known Member
Wondering if any upgrades can be made to this amp to improve its sound based on what you see in photo ? Im kinda new to this i have done a few recaps on vintage stereos but thats it.
 

Attachments

  • Xduoo-Ta-26-Internals-Top-scaled.jpg
    Xduoo-Ta-26-Internals-Top-scaled.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 65
Register to hide this ad
Doesn't really look like it just looking at the picture. Elna electrolytics, and film caps, some precision resistors, looks good to me.
 
I own it, its sitting on my desktop..........takes 6n8p and 6n5p..............cant find the schematic anywhere.
 

Attachments

  • 0302231635_HDR.jpg
    0302231635_HDR.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 31
Never done many tubes rolling, Do change tubes make minute differences or have a lot of impacts?

That's kind of cute. It's a headphone amplifier? Without knowing the circuit I, personally, would hesitate to swap out any parts, so yes, a schematic would help.
 
Wondering if any upgrades can be made to this amp to improve its sound based on what you see in photo ? Im kinda new to this i have done a few recaps on vintage stereos but thats it.

Do you like the sound the unit has now? Want more of something? What kinda phones are you using?

Thanks!
 
The sound right now is okay it's not great it's not terrible middle of the road and I'm using the HD 6xx.

I would like the little more low-end thump a little bit more warmth in the mid-range that's about it the highs are pretty good I'm actually happy with the highs.
 
The sound right now is okay it's not great it's not terrible middle of the road and I'm using the HD 6xx.

I would like the little more low-end thump a little bit more warmth in the mid-range that's about it the highs are pretty good I'm actually happy with the highs.

Could be those tubes. Chinese made, right? In my experience they can have the tendency to be thin and dry sounding. At least compared to other tubes. I have one suggestion --- old school RCA. Just a thought...
 
Yep you guessed it right Chinese tubes even though the tubes are not marked there's no writing on them I'm assuming they're Chinese tubes.

Yeah I'd say the sound is a bit dry. I'll look into some RCA's. Hopefully I can find the sound I like without dropping a fortune on tubes I ain't going down the heavy tube rolling rabbit hole.
 
Back
Top Bottom