• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Neil Young "Talkin' To The Trees"

harman/kardon

From the Fatherland
Subscriber
Will you purchase the latest album of Neil Young?

(No politics intended, it's about music)

20250611_212830.jpg
 
Last edited:
Register to hide this ad
I'm a Neil Young Archive subscriber, so I don't have to buy all the albums. I liked Barn so much I bought that one on vinyl.

As for this one, we'll see, I didn't much like that first advance cut.
 
I had listened to all the Neil I could get my hands on my hands on for years about a decade ago. Im still 'Neil Younged out' from that deep dive that lasted years. Maybe down the road Ill check it out.
 
I've got it but haven't listened to it yet. It is in the queue and I will typically listen to anything Neil and/or any of his cohorts put out although if we're talking CSNY the Y is my least favorite part and Neil's output has been disappointing to me for a number of years now (perhaps even decades)... which brings up the story of my first large disappointment at the hands of Mr. Young (one from which I've never fully recovered): At around age 14-15 I had saved up a few bucks to purchase my next album (vinyl was the only medium then). I had to forgo my usual weekly or so purchase in order to save up for the triple album which was "Decade". My stereo wasn't audiophile level, but the production on "Decade" was so muddied and dismal that it was listened to only a handful of times. I don't believe I ever paid for another Neil Young album again and listened to a lot less of Mr. Young than I would have had this particular disappointment not come to pass. I laughed when he sang he wasn't a sellout, becasue that's exactly what I've always thought he was. I'm not saying I'm nopt a fan of his music, just not particularly a fan of the man or his standards.

Anyway, if anyone has heard "Talking to the Trees", how is it?
 
Already was planning on going to my go to vinyls shop today. I am going to see if they have it and/or can order it.

Full disclosure, the trip was not for this vinyls, the thread just peaked my interest.
 
Back
Top Bottom