• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New releases, 2015

eljr

Koyaanisqatsi
I am starting this thread to (hopefully) highlight some of the great new music as it is released.

It's only two plus weeks into January and I already found several good recordings.

The first I'll offer up is
Chris Potter Underground Orchestra / Chris Potter
Imaginary Cities

MI0003817603.jpg


Genre, Jazz

All Music gives it 4 1/2 stars (out of 5)

it's a bit experimental but not enough to scare anyone away.
Two bass players are used on this recording, one acoustic, one electric which help form the musics staff

Enjoy!
 
Register to hide this ad
Hey I posted a link in that other awkward thread about the Wikipedia album releases of 2015 very comprehensive and interesting covering all genres. It's funny though cause just heard there is à release come late February I am very keen on getting on vinyl, and it's the 40 year ànnivearay of physical graffiti on a remaster!!!! With "new" extra songs never heard before.... That's cool. I like your thread too, great idea!! :thmbsp:
 
Hey I posted a link in that other awkward thread about the Wikipedia album releases of 2015 very comprehensive and interesting covering all genres. It's funny though cause just heard there is à release come late February I am very keen on getting on vinyl, and it's the 40 year ànnivearay of physical graffiti on a remaster!!!! With "new" extra songs never heard before.... That's cool. I like your thread too, great idea!! :thmbsp:

Maybe you can post that link here too? :thmbsp:

That would be great.
 
Thanks, what are your thoughts on it?


I have not heard it yet. But since she is covering Sarah Vaughn, it can't be too shabby. I also won another prize from martini in the morning, and this may be it. I don't want to end up with two. :-0


This space intentionally left blank.
 
what are your thoughts on it?

I got it in the mail Tuesday, have not had a chance to listen yet.

Too much other new, good stuff came the same day. :yes:

A little more pop than their usual, a fair mix of styles, not a theme album. And the cunning linguist has a song about...
I like it, 3.5 / 5. It may grow on me, too.
 
Back
Top Bottom