• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New releases, 2015

MI0003815279.jpg


Just got this yesterday.

I don't own much funk and that's my bad.

I expect this to fill part of that void.
 
Calexico - "Edge of the Sun" comes out April 14.

Collaborations with Sam Bream (Iron & Wine), Ben Bridwell (Band of Horses), Neko Case, and Nick Urata (DeVotchka).
 
MI0003824129.jpg


The Decemberists
What a Terrible World, What a Beautiful World

My first spin. Sounds like a keeper.
 
MI0003821425.jpg


Punch Brothers
The Phosphorescent Blues

Not sure what genre this is, progressive blue grass perhaps? Eclectic folk?

Whatever you call it, T-Bone Burnett did a masterful job producing this early 2015 gem by the Punch Brothers.

AMG gave it 4 stars.

I say 4 stars easy.
 
MI0003822345.jpg


Sleater-Kinney
No Cities to Love

All Music gave this Indie girl band 4 star on this release.

I am not as bullish on it.
 
MI0003820455.jpg


Another solid performance from this chamber group. Dics 2, the DVD is very entertaining and filled with energy.
 
MI0003781327.jpg


Diana Krall
Wallflower

Unemotional muzak to my ear. I though sure the familiarity of the songs would bring me closer to this well received singer but not to be.

AMG Guide gave it 3 1/2 stars, I gave it 2 1/2.
 
MI0003821425.jpg


Punch Brothers
The Phosphorescent Blues

Not sure what genre this is, progressive blue grass perhaps? Eclectic folk?

Whatever you call it, T-Bone Burnett did a masterful job producing this early 2015 gem by the Punch Brothers.

AMG gave it 4 stars.

I say 4 stars easy.

I've been hearing lots of good things about this release. I need to check it out soon!
 
b1e38099e79dbdc6c41b330bd4f6b6df.jpg



I received this CD yesterday. It is actually only four songs, but her voice is wonderful. One of the four was, "Whatever Lola Wants". A very nice cover of the song!


This space intentionally left blank.
 
MI0003814885.jpg


Excellect recording.

AMG gives it 3 stars, I gave it 4.

It was released in Europe last year, in the USA the SACD release was a ffew weeks ago. Highly recomened classical vocal ecording.
 
Agree completely with the Decemberists. This one comes out Feb 21. Love their other stuff so I'm excited about it.
 

Attachments

  • Music Bundle.jpg
    Music Bundle.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 34
Back
Top Bottom