• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New Shop System Underway!

Well what can one say, Dan, about your highly successful audio setup with the 901s in your shop`s open area`s layout, other than a Happy work force crew is a productive crew.

Take care, Sir. and keep us updated as you continue to finish dialing in your business` audio setup.
Thanks Bill. It's been an enjoyable project for sure. I agree with your analysis.

It's Tony, btw. Dan was our buddy 4-2-7, who got ejected for too many fistfights . . . but, he sure was fun.
 
Thanks Bill. It's been an enjoyable project for sure. I agree with your analysis.

It's Tony, btw. Dan was our buddy 4-2-7, who got ejected for too many fistfights . . . but, he sure was fun.
Sorry about that Tony, If I was uncertain, I could have very easily gone to our conversations for a refresh check, but alas, I obviously failed to do that !
Yeah, I remember reading about Dan`s (4-2-7) ejection some few yrs. back in the what happened to (silent disappearance member`s) thread.
He certainly was an entertainingly strong mindset A/K forum character !
 
FWIW, Ok, for folks who might be interested in purchasing and using a UPS, line voltage regulated or not.
If not aware about the risks of using a regular type UPS, (least expensive) the standard offerings out there put out square wave AC when operating your plugged in electronic equipment connected to it and if the audio or video equipment uses a regular power transformer based power supply (not SMPS like computers use, and common modern wall wart), that square wave is very rough on the transformer`s primary winding & associated down stream power supply components like the SS rectifiers from the hard/abrupt 60 cycle square wave rich in odd order harmonic spikes and the transformer will growl when powered with such a unfriendly AC waveform and can often blow the electronic device`s fuse, as I learned in 1981 trying to power a home VHS video VCR in my GF`s car using a pricy for the time 12v to 120v AC 300 watt inverter, as I couldn`t afford a 12 v DC/battery powered portable VCR for mobile video work !

I have no experience with the more waveform friendly, and recently offered stepped waveform UPS type that are now available.
My (4) UPS` in use here are 3 of the square wave type that only power SMPS wall wart type power supplies like security camera NVRs, etc. and the 4th more expensive pure sinewave purchased for my living room`s A/V rack with its analog power supply A/V electronics & primarily my big bucks 4K projector so if the grid fails while the projector is operating, the UPS will keep the projectors circuits powered up, especially protecting the very expensive to replace lamp`s cooling fan operating until my auto whole house genset powers up and switches the house over to gen power after a minute, and if for some reason the genset fails to operate after the prescribed time, I can turn off the projector shedding that higher current drawing load and just let the 1,5 KVA UPS continue powering the projector`s cooling fan like it does normally after switching off the projector after use for the few minutes anyway power down cooling off timed cycle.

Just thought any future interested folks considering using a UPS to power the audio, or video equipment might like to be aware of the (3) different types of UPS` available, and be informed of the best & safest selection types for their intended A/V applications !

Do with this cautionary info. as you chose.

Good luck.
 
My company, prior to pulling the plug, sent all their Sola HD S3K1600 UPS to the electronic waste dump. I managed to snag one and only thing it needed was to replace a $20 battery.

S3K1600 Power Supply by SOLA HD.jpg
 
Last edited:
My company, prior to pulling the plug, sent all their Sola HD S3K1600 UPS to the electronic waste dump. I managed to snag one and only thing it needed was to replace a $20 battery.

View attachment 3595660
So much needless waste out there, it`s a shame, but at least you procured/rescued a quality brand UPS for the price of an inexpensive replacement battery !
Kudos, my foresighted resourceful A/K friend !
Put it to good use where properly applicable.
 
So much needless waste out there, it`s a shame, but at least you procured/rescued a quality brand UPS for the price of an inexpensive replacement battery !
Kudos, my foresighted resourceful A/K friend !
Put it to good use where properly applicable.
I only wish I had rescued more of them. I did manage to rescue three in total and gave two of those to a couple of guys on my crew. They weigh a ton!
 
Last edited:
I only wish I had rescued more of them. I did manage to rescue three in total and gave two of those to a couple of guys on my crew. They weigh a ton!
Good man !
Yeah, the switching transformers inside along with the batteries make for a pretty weighty package, and the more their capacity, the heavier they are !
 
Here's are some good thoughts for those considering a UPS.
 
Back
Top Bottom