• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

New to me 610II - Distortion

Yep...I have the -42v at the junction. If I check the voltage between D577 &D578 I get -21, and if I check after D578 I get 0v
Series zener diodes are working. ( D577 & D578 ):thumbsup:
 
I sho
Were any of these actually bad ?
I should clarify. When I got the amp the main bridge rectifier was toast and had a blown output transistor. I got that part working and fixed a few right channel transistors that had failed.
 
Just doing some checking around. Base of TR499 is -3v, over double what it should be. Base of TR497 is only -0.3v but should be +1.9
 
Dumb question...I'm checking all this with just the amp.on, no channel input or load. Is this correct?
 
Just doing some checking around. Base of TR499 is -3v, over double what it should be. Base of TR497 is only -0.3v but should be +1.9
How about the corresponding transistors on the other channel?
 
The way this amp is acting I feel like rail voltages are good, but when loaded...there isn't enough current capacity. When I drop the volume, you can hear the amp catch up...like caps are filling.
 
I would say so, yes. Did you get a chance to see the YouTube video clip in one of my posts? You can watch how the amp reacts to reducing the volume in steps.
 
Did you get a chance to see the YouTube video clip in one of my posts?
Looks distorted to me at any volume level..Were you varying the signal level with the signal gen or the volume control ? Should have been using the volume control. Varying the signal gen will overdrive the amplifiers front end. Causing distortion.
 
Volume control. All I did was drop the volume in steps and you can see the output signal in yellow drop, then build back on its own. And yes.. distorted at any volume. The positive side seems worse. The frequency gen was set at .5v/1khz and not touched. That's the purple signal/channel. The yellow channel/signal is the output.
 
Looks distorted to me at any volume level..Were you varying the signal level with the signal gen or the volume control ? Should have been using the volume control. Varying the signal gen will overdrive the amplifiers front end. Causing distortion.
When watching the video, watch the timing of me turn down the volume control...and the signal react.it looks like I'm increasing volume control after turning it down but I'm not increasing the volume control.
 
Back
Top Bottom