• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Next Yamaha PX3 linear TT on Audiokarma - restoration (problems with photo elements solved)

Hello from Germany, after years of unreliability, because no matter what I did springs change cleaning the belt seat slipped again especially in the area of the end and did not transport further, I have now decided to stick the one roll with double-sided tape and a four hundred sandpaper and what can I say it seems to work. So far, there have been no failures or slippages. Plus a few photos. Maybe it will help one or the other. I had also taken the rubber ring down from the shaft and filled it with tape, then put the rubber ring up again and carefully sanded it to take the one pressed places out a little.
Best regards and have fun.
Carsten
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8427.jpeg
    IMG_8427.jpeg
    179.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8428.jpeg
    IMG_8428.jpeg
    266.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8426.jpeg
    IMG_8426.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_8429.jpeg
    IMG_8429.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_8430.jpeg
    IMG_8430.jpeg
    104.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_8431.jpeg
    IMG_8431.jpeg
    194.5 KB · Views: 14
Hello from Germany, after years of unreliability, because no matter what I did springs change cleaning the belt seat slipped again especially in the area of the end and did not transport further, I have now decided to stick the one roll with double-sided tape and a four hundred sandpaper and what can I say it seems to work. So far, there have been no failures or slippages. Plus a few photos. Maybe it will help one or the other. I had also taken the rubber ring down from the shaft and filled it with tape, then put the rubber ring up again and carefully sanded it to take the one pressed places out a little.
Best regards and have fun.
Carsten
I have to send a supplement after the first time hasn't been long but a few days then it's unfolded on the seam the printing is probably too big because of the plastic I've done the whole thing again and sealed the seam with Epoxy UV Proxy I suspect it holds longer.
Best regards and have fun.
Carsten
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8511.jpeg
    IMG_8511.jpeg
    90.1 KB · Views: 8
I had acquired 3 of these at one time one kinda worked 2 would not move, cleaned the first one got it to working properly, by cleaning belt. SOLD the first one and had decided to keep 2 of these after extensive cleaning of thr entire belt mechanism I got them both working ,used thrm kind of alternately, both worked good for about 6 or 8.mos. I decided that these would need extensive maintenence to keep them working, not for me sold thr other 2, they are truly a piece of art to look at, and when they are working a joy to use. But regular EXTENSIVE maint. Required. Lol not for me im just trying to play records...
 
I had acquired 3 of these at one time one kinda worked 2 would not move, cleaned the first one got it to working properly, by cleaning belt. SOLD the first one and had decided to keep 2 of these after extensive cleaning of thr entire belt mechanism I got them both working ,used thrm kind of alternately, both worked good for about 6 or 8.mos. I decided that these would need extensive maintenence to keep them working, not for me sold thr other 2, they are truly a piece of art to look at, and when they are working a joy to use. But regular EXTENSIVE maint. Required. Lol not for me im just trying to play records...

Regular extensive maintenance? You just gotta fix it first; I did my first one in 2009 and nothing since! It's a wonderful tool for vinyl lovers!
 
When i was finished it functioned 100% , whe it started failing, was just the belt slipping disassemble clean and working fine again, just not into disassembling the drive system to clean the belt.. but yes your mileage may vary, your absolutely right certainly a wonderful piece.
 
Rub the friction area of the belt down with that 3M Red pad stuff. When all the oxidation is gone and it's clear rubber put on the belt treatment and I promise you it'll last for 10 years.
Somewhere in one of my posts published the measurement from eyelet to eyelet where the springs go. I've only seen one deck out of five or six where the spring needed to be shortened probably because somebody stretched it. But that will tell you if your springs are OK.
That would be the only other thing I could think of unless the rubber wheel on the drum is slipping from the gearbox
 
Back
Top Bottom