• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

No headphone forum?

We certainly have a different demographic here(Head-Fi). I once had a conversation with one of their sponsers and he knew my age and related to me how difficult is was to do business with "kids". Having our own headphone area is interesting.
 
Only 'Cans' though - please, none of this 'earbud' rubbish !

I think within the confines and context of AK we could discuss quality in-canal ear phones without getting into the Skull Candy crap. I enjoy my Etymotic ER6i in-canals and wouldn't mind hearing opinions on higher end models, especially the Custom UE monitors.

Love the avatar BTW. I've taken tours of the New Jersey twice and the Missouri once. Nothing more impressive than those guns and the fire control (mechanical computer) that could pitch the equivalent mass of a VW bug 60-70 miles accurately.
 
I think it would be a grand idea. You guys got me into audio, and now I am starting to get into headphones as well. I already have three pairs of relativly high end cans. Koss Pro-4A (just got new ear pads from Koss, their customer service is amazing), BayreDynamic DT-100's and my piece de resistance, Stax SR-Lambda Pro's. :D
 
Lets here from more if you would like a headphone forums.
 
I would love to have a headphone forum. I have a few vintage sets myself and am always on the look out for more. I would love to hear what my fellow AKers think of the models to look out for and ones to stay away from!
 
listening to my koss esp-9 electrostatics as we speak, through a yamaha cr-440
and it sure is sweet!

also got grado sr-60's for music on thego
 
Sticklyman wrote what I have been thinking for a long time. However, I have not bothered to create a topic about the subject, and the user may steal the thunder.

For a long undocumented time, my opinion was that headphones are unpopular on AudioKarma and the great margin of users concentrate on speakers - the most vital links in the chain.

Headphones have additions. For example, when you want to listen to music, but you would like to kerb the æsthetics of other humans in your boundary, and ensure cooperation. In most cases, listening at night, or when humans are annoyed by the loud sound. With the extent of cables, your head can take the speakers with you.

In conclusion, a forum devoted to headphones is not only something I would have recommended, but it will benefit the wants of some users on AudioKarma.
 
I must say, when I started the thread it was just out of curiosity. I do believe a headphone section would be a good idea, if only for the inevitable "Show us your cans!" thread.
 
Okay.

However, information came into my brain after I wrote my prior post in this thread.

Albeit portability and human contact, headphones contain speakers. So if these pieces contain speakers, would they be technically categorized to belong in the speaker forum?
 
Okay.

However, information came into my brain after I wrote my prior post in this thread.

Albeit portability and human contact, headphones contain speakers. So if these pieces contain speakers, would they be technically categorized to belong in the speaker forum?

Yes, that does make logical sense, but I don't think many people think of headphones that way. Also, I don't think I've ever seen a thread in the speaker section about headphones.
 
I vote yes and and a name

I vote yes and prefer it to be called CANS instead of headphones. LOL. I did pickup a nice vintage pioneer set of headphones the other day. Like cans for your nogin or whatever

TTFN,

Josh
 
Back
Top Bottom