• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

North Carolina anyone?

I live in Hendersonville. I like and work on tube amps. I also have a nice little collection of Sansui solid state receivers, many different turntables, cassette decks, 8 track decks, as for speakers I have a few with largest being Altec model 19's.
I love Sansui gear but don't have any at the moment. Just Pioneer and Kenwood silver-face stuff. Speakers? I have too many lol.
 
Anyone know of a place where I can get a tube pre-amp fixed in the Triangle area? I use to go to "Mad Science" but he
has since closed up shop for good. The problem is that my CJ pv-6 pre-amp has developed a "hum".
 
Anyone know of a place where I can get a tube pre-amp fixed in the Triangle area? I use to go to "Mad Science" but he
has since closed up shop for good. The problem is that my CJ pv-6 pre-amp has developed a "hum".
I want to repair it for you. Pm me. I’m available in January. Right now finishing something for a friend.
 
I'm up the road about 45 minutes in Mocksville. There is the also a FB group called Triad Audio Group based in that area.
 
I'm in Greensboro and would be game if any local/localish groups are active. Retired EE and enjoy making my own gear.
 
Inscrutable, thank you for the kind reply. A bit too far for me unfortunately, but encouraging too see.

Kind regards, Ed
 
I'm only 30 minutes from PTI. Straight up 220.

If only a few people want to gather, can we propose a member's residence? I have plenty of room to host a few people for an afternoon.
 
Last edited:
I'm in Asheville. Open to traveling for some of the NC get-togethers. Only know one other AKer here.
 
If you have one in Greensboro area I’d drive from Raleigh area if it were a Saturday or Sunday or I had notice to take pto if it were a weekday. I could bring some tube gear and the Jbl or Tannoy horn bookshelves.
 
Back
Top Bottom