• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Not Another Hero Gone...

Register to hide this ad
I'm Going home after work, I'm going to fire up the garage stereo, sit in my half completed Mustang, have a few brews and listen to Wilson Pickett....LOUD!!! May he rest in peace.
Travis
 
Last edited:
If you never heard this album:

picket_wils_heyjude~~_101b.jpg


you didn't catch the pinnacle, IMO. Wilson at the top of his game, with a phenomenal backing band of Muscle Shoals studio geniuses, and an unknown session slinger, Duane Allman, on some scorching ass guitar.
 
Damn, more weird stuff...........
Driving home from work today, I pop in a old cassette compilation I haven't played in years titled "Dead Men, Stevie and Duane", and that "Hey Jude" cut is on it.
First the Janis coincidences, now this,
 
I have to agree that Wilson Pickett was at his best on that Hey Jude album. It's sad to think that he was still two months shy of his 65th birthday.
 
I saw a Southern Rock special on tv last week. It started out with the Allman Brothers. The setting was Muscle Shoals. And it talked about when they were working with Wilson Pickett. The times being what they were, when dinner time rolled around, everyone else would go out to eat. Duane and Wilson would have to stay behind, and the other band members would bring their food back to the studio. Why? Because one was black, and the other had long hair. Neither was welcome in the local eating establishments. Hard to believe that was in my lifetime.

RIP Wilson.

JD
 
Back
Top Bottom