• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Now in the ADS 910 club

I modeled this label in Solidworks using a spare label I have for reference. The artwork was sketched over a photo image of the original, so it should be about as close to perfectly accurate as possible. It includes draft angles, as the original was cast somehow. The file may work with laser sintering rapid prototyping (SLS), but I do not know if the fine features will be resolved or lost. The lines that make up the 910 are only 0.010" wide. I have .STL and .STEP versions as well. Since I have read previously where Directed (DEi) has been contacted and was OK with replicas being manufactured as replacements, I imagine this shouldnt be a problem?
Shouldn't be a problem. It was in my thread that this was discussed, I provided artwork for the gent who was going to use it, and we came very close to making these. He got cold feet, even though we had permission to make them. Another AKer is making replicas and selling them on fleabay. Actual dimensional metal badges would be awesome as so many fell off and were lost over the years.
 
I had the 910 label quoted at www.shapeways.com and it cost $20.59/ea in Aluminum. I have no idea how good or bad it may look, but perhaps worth a gamble if anyone needs a label or two. Of course you would still need to paint it and then sand off the paint on the text.
 
Last edited:
I refined it a bit further. The 910 was still a little wide.

MiPXyv4.jpg
 
Shouldn't be a problem. It was in my thread that this was discussed, I provided artwork for the gent who was going to use it, and we came very close to making these. He got cold feet, even though we had permission to make them. Another AKer is making replicas and selling them on fleabay. Actual dimensional metal badges would be awesome as so many fell off and were lost over the years.
I looked back and I only supplied detail photos for the gent that was doing the plotting for a CNC machine to make the badges.
Will these help?
910 Badge-1.jpg 910 Badge-2.jpg 910 Badge-3.jpg
 
Just wanted to say my 910s finally live yet again..after a catastrophic pair of amp failures. Big thanks to Glenn and Richard So.
Hey Chris!
Great to see they are finally singing! Quite a journey with these to get to this point!
Cheers, Glenn
 
I've attached two photos of the same ADS 910 stand. I've read the 910 instructions regarding stand assembly and understand the the stand uprights are not identical but mirror images. One aspect of the mirror image is the depth of the countersink around the the knob bolt hole. The assembled pair I purchased has both shallow and deep countersinks facing the speaker. Any idea which is correct?IMG_1529.jpegIMG_1530.jpeg
 
Happy New Year, fellow ADS 910'ers. I am puzzled tonight about the three contour switches on the crossover. The manual doesn't explicitly explain what is expected to happen when any of them are switched to the right or to the left. Is one direction "off" and one direction "on"? Has anyone here actually heard a significant difference when switching these in any configuration? ~ Joseph
 
IMG_1187.jpg
Anyone out there with an assembled set of ADS 910 stands that can answer the question I posted?

Dahlquisted, my stands are the older versions.

They'll only go together, correctly, one way.
The uprights are counter sunk, for the cross piece bolt heads. If the uprights were reversed,
the bolt heads would no longer be flush with the uprights.

Why the upper holes are countersunk, I've no idea.
I'd suggest rubber fender washers to fill the countersink and protect the speaker veneer.

Steve
 
I’m looking for a high quality photo of the graduated sticker/appliqué for the ADS 910 power meter. A cursory Google search yielded off-angle or out of focus images. Can one of you share a photo? Added dimensions would be appreciated.
 
I’m looking for a high quality photo of the graduated sticker/appliqué for the ADS 910 power meter. A cursory Google search yielded off-angle or out of focus images. Can one of you share a photo? Added dimensions would be appreciated.

I believe @GD70 was working on making reproductions of these. Glenn, any progress? I could use a set myself.
 
I believe @GD70 was working on making reproductions of these. Glenn, any progress? I could use a set myself.
Yes, they are done. I printed a set on my black ink laser printer, trimmed them out, and they fit perfectly. Getting the “color” black correct is challenging as the pics on the web vary a lot. I’d need to see some well lit
pics that are true to the black tint-tone, experiment with the color and print them out on a high end color printer.
 
Back
Top Bottom