• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Now in the ADS 910 club

Hi Glenn and everybody who jumped into my 910 dilemma (earlier in this thread) trying to help early last year. Just to catch you up a bit, the 910's I bought locally had horrid damage to one of the cabinets which was expertly hidden by paint. I finally sold them to a great guy who drove non-stop from San Antonio to Florida. I've reached out to see how he did with his plans to re-veneer the cabinets but never heard back. Greg, I hope you made out well.

So that left me with my L1230's. I was so concerned that they wouldn't fit into my new, smaller apartment so I traded them away for some vintage Marantz electronics....and I've regretted THAT decision, too. I got moved into this smaller apartment which was my main reason for getting rid of all my a/d/s speakers. But now I realize that I could have squeezed my 1230's in here and I REALLY miss them. I've got a lead on another pair about an hour away from me but the seller is being kind of weird and unresponsive. He's also asking a laughable amount of $$$ for them and I don't mean that in a good way! At least he SAYS his price is "negotiable".

So, I'm on the hunt for another pair of 1230's. What's the average price of a decent pair these days? Also, give me a shout if any of you know of a pair for sale here in Florida or the southeast.
 
Hi Glenn and everybody who jumped into my 910 dilemma (earlier in this thread) trying to help early last year. Just to catch you up a bit, the 910's I bought locally had horrid damage to one of the cabinets which was expertly hidden by paint. I finally sold them to a great guy who drove non-stop from San Antonio to Florida. I've reached out to see how he did with his plans to re-veneer the cabinets but never heard back. Greg, I hope you made out well.

So that left me with my L1230's. I was so concerned that they wouldn't fit into my new, smaller apartment so I traded them away for some vintage Marantz electronics....and I've regretted THAT decision, too. I got moved into this smaller apartment which was my main reason for getting rid of all my a/d/s speakers. But now I realize that I could have squeezed my 1230's in here and I REALLY miss them. I've got a lead on another pair about an hour away from me but the seller is being kind of weird and unresponsive. He's also asking a laughable amount of $$$ for them and I don't mean that in a good way! At least he SAYS his price is "negotiable".

So, I'm on the hunt for another pair of 1230's. What's the average price of a decent pair these days? Also, give me a shout if any of you know of a pair for sale here in Florida or the southeast.

I've been wondering about you! I'm so glad you found someone for the 910's, I REALLY wished we could have worked something out. Also sorry about the loss of those L1230's as well. Just a heads up, I feel the L810's come in real close to the same sound signature to the L1230's. Not as much dynamics (I use the term loosly) but that's probably due to the placement of the 20 degree angle of the Tweeter Midrange on the L1230's. IF ...that helps you with space.

Shop the Facebook Marketplace for those L1230's.

Amazing that guy drove from San Antonio to Florida to pick them up. Not a month ago, someone was selling a pair of 910's from San Antonio. I have no Idea if it was yours or another pair.

Garry~
 
My journey with a/d/s (or back then, aDs) was with a pair of cloth-grilled L810's. That set the hook with me for my entire life in home audio. I've made a few sidetrips but always seemed to come back to a/d/s.

Actually, the Facebook Marketplace is where I found this local pair of 1230's. I only wish the guy would answer my questions! I'm trying to figure out a way to let him know that his price is not realistic without insulting him. I'm a newbie at FM so I thought I was doing something wrong when I didn't get any replies. But he finally replied but without answering any of my questions. Weird.

Any guidance from the group on fair prices based on condition?
Dave
 
Just an update: The Facebook L1230 seller still isn't responding to inquiries but has not removed the ad, either. Anybody else have a line on a nice pair of L1230's? I'm up for a road trip from Florida. I even had two friends of mine respond to the Facebook ad and the seller hasn't replied to either one of them.....weird.
 
A BIG shout out and "thank you!" to Spicman59/Garry for his help in finding me a pair of L1230s in Texas. I have a buddy in Oklahoma who's going to make the drive down to pick them up in a week or two then haul them to Florida this coming February. He also found me a second pair this morning and almost gave me a coronary! Garry, you're the best and when I start searching for all the hair I've lost, you're the first person I'm going to call. :rolleyes:
 
A BIG shout out and "thank you!" to Spicman59/Garry for his help in finding me a pair of L1230s in Texas. I have a buddy in Oklahoma who's going to make the drive down to pick them up in a week or two then haul them to Florida this coming February. He also found me a second pair this morning and almost gave me a coronary! Garry, you're the best and when I start searching for all the hair I've lost, you're the first person I'm going to call. :rolleyes:

Trust me when I say I took a lot of pleasure finding a set for you! I was smiling from ear to ear when you said you and the seller made a deal, and that's a fact. :beerchug:

Garry~
 
Back
Top Bottom