The former Goodyear Tire and Rubber Company airdock at the Akron-Canton Airport. Built in 1929, it designed in 1929 to construct the largest airships ever made in the USA:
View attachment 3759703
Retired El Toro NAS - Tustin Helicopter Base
One of two WWII Anti-Submarine Airship hangers saved for posterity. They, along with the pair at Estero Bay, were the largest wood-framed structures in the hemisphere.
View attachment 3759395View attachment 3759396
We once bid the engineering to refurbish the doors. I would have gotten to design the controls and PLC programming. Talk about the one that got away!
Besides helicopters and the occasional blimp they also held the rubber band powered model airplane championships in them.
If they did, sadly I missed that one. I love that show.Didn't the Mythbusters guys use that facility at some point? Something like the "lead balloon" episode or such?
Regards,
Gordon.

How could I ever forget. The first and only time I was in the presence of a video disc player watching Airplane, Katie, the girl who would eventually become my wife, kissed me.
At one time Zenith sold a clone of the RCA CED player. We had one or two and a library of discs that employees could check out for "product evaluation.".How could I ever forget. The first and only time I was in the presence of a video disc player watching Airplane, Katie, the girl who would eventually become my wife, kissed me.![]()
I think so, people in Africa tend to like bright colors. Makes the vehicle conspicuous, though. Maybe it's just wash-off paint that would be removed after the parade?are those whitewalls painted on the tire?

Michelin ad.View attachment 3770713
"A Somaliland military armed vehicle takes part in a parade during the self-declared Independence Day."
edit; the base vehicle is a Tygor E2 made by Harrow Armored Vehicles, based on a Toyota Land Cruiser chassis.
are those whitewalls painted on the tire?