• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Old speaker ID help please

Shtig99

Persona Au Gratin
Subscriber
I can identify the Absolut bottle sitting a top. Any guesses on what's that beneath?

PM.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
logo could be pioneer

edit

closer look looks like maybe sansui sp-30
 
Last edited:
Pioneer CS77 are similar except the diamonds are bigger on the pioneer. Looks like the sansui diamond patterns are larger than these also.
 
Possibly Sansui.

You're right. I think they're SP-30s.

These will be at an estate sale tomorrow morning. I don't know if I'm excited to poke around two-way bookshelves.

Thanks for the help!
 
Last edited:
Sansui SP-200 (?)
Although I now have mine in storage, and for sale, I was pleased with their efficiency and overall sound. They can perform nicely with lower powered amps. By the time i cranked my 55 watt unit to about 60% they were screaming. I'd say a good mid-fi rock speaker, acoustic guitar was very clear, some blues also. Depending...
Youll certainly need to disassemble and clean the switches. Probably need to replace the caps as well, nothing fancy though. I think I used Jantzen.
 
Sure looks like a Sansui SP200 or SP2000 to me. The proportions are right, the detail on the "picture frame" edge trim on the front is right, and the grill looks correct too.

Word to the wise- they sound much better with the grill removed. I wound up replacing the grill with a cloth-covered frame on the SP200s I had. The grills on mine were pretty chewed up anyway, which made that decision easier...

Regards,
Gordon.
 
Agree it could be SP-200 or similar. Just counted them, my SP-200 has 13 diamonds across and 16 vertically woodwork on front looks like what is pictured.
 
Back
Top Bottom