• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Once more Sansui transistor substitutions

Hi for my Sansui AU505 amplifier transistor TR801 2SA640 Can I replace it with A1137 transistor ? That's the one available for now where I live .
Cheers
KSA992 is the usual replacement for the 2SA640, the 2SA1137 is ok though.

Note: please start a thread for your AU-505, and ask your AU-505 related questions there. Posting them here just clutters up this thread with endless "will this be ok" questions, and also masks the original question and answer in future searches for the same model/transistor.
 
Hi. I have to enquire if the 2SA1137 is available here. My question was is A1137 ok ?
I understand that it's better to have a special group or thread for this Sansui AU505 amplifier. But isn't this thread related to Sansui?I thought I'm in the right place and the right time . I am new to this group
Cheers
 
HI all,

Can I substitute SS914 for 2Sc458 in early Sansui gear?

I have a quantity and want to get on with things whilst waiting for KSC1845s to arrive.
 
Don't forget, just enter the type number (the FULL type number NOT the partial) of a transistor you want to substitute for in the AK search box and hit Enter. This will give you a list of occasions in threads where 2SA847 has been substituted - what with, and in what model. ;)

Most people get away with KSA992, but unless they are at the top of their hFE range they may be a bit wimpy to replace the hFE 500 2SA847.

Why are you changing them? if they are OK - simple, don't change them!
 
Last edited:
You can still purchase this transistor if you can't find a good sub.
Some of the parts which are hard to find I get from a place I believe is in Europe, called Littlediode.
I've had good luck with transistors and such from them, that is if you can wait, seems like it takes a couple weeks to get the parts.
If its a more modern beefier sub your seeking then you would need to research it.
 
unfortunately, there is the YMMV thing. I did buy 100 each KSA992/KSC1845. Now KSC1845 was around 300 and the KSA992 400. I decided to order again later (and hopefully from another batch) and then they were around 400 so I was happy.

The BC550/560 I bought 100 each also, were definately below 600 all of them.

Guess it is a matter of being lucky.
My BC 550 Philips gain is 1115!
 
So I found out today the KSC2316 is no longer being made or sold. :( I was planning to use this as a sub for 2SD438 that is use din a sansui driver circuit. HAS anyone come up with a suitable sub to replace the KSC2316?
 
oh wow. yeah I have some of those. I just downloaded all the data sheets last night from the orginals to compare to new ones. When I order subs now I am getting in the habit of ordering 100 at a time. Is it just me or did prices significanlty increase since last time I ordered silicon stuff? Seem slike transistors I was paying ten cents for are now like a dollar!
 
Any ideas for a 2SD224 metal can transistor replacement? I have one in an AU-777D power supply that may need replacing. thanks

What is the issue with the 2SD224 on your AU-777D ? Mine is making noise at low volume on both channel. My investigation (and after changing good parts) drives me to change this transistor. On the oscilloscope, at the outpout of the tranistor, I have a wave at 65V that is moving (the scope triggered it in a loop)
 
Any ideas for a 2SD224 metal can transistor replacement? I have one in an AU-777D power supply that may need replacing. thanks
Consolidated (ceitron) in FleaBay has some Sanken. I have bought from them before too with no problems. The listing is for 2 pieces, not 4 as the link says.

 
Back
Top Bottom