• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Ortofon or Shure ?

Professor`

Moderate Fixer
Ok i decided to buy a new cartridge for my tt, after a few days of looking i beleive i found what i want, The Shure M97xE or the Ortofon OM5E, out of those 2 which would provide the best playback?
Any opinions welcome and considered.
 
Register to hide this ad
Technics SL-B2

Out of the two choices, I would definitely go Shure. I had an ortofon om5e on a SL-D2 and it sounded very flat. I have tested that Shure with good results on the same table.

My recommendation....Grado Black. It sounded great compared to the two you mentioned. It's in the same price range.

To my ears, the pairing is my favorite. Grados are my choice for technics tables. Just my opinion...
 
Aw get some headshells and build a cartridge library. GRADO first, and the others as time permits :)
 
Back
Top Bottom