• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Ortofon vs. Audio-Technica

My earlier posting was made before I read that we were hearing from a sixtenn year old with a limited budget, so i do apologize. Sometimes I post and find that, in the short time since I read earlier comments and posted my response, others have also posted and I have missed those.
 
My earlier posting was made before I read that we were hearing from a sixtenn year old with a limited budget, so i do apologize. Sometimes I post and find that, in the short time since I read earlier comments and posted my response, others have also posted and I have missed those.

Hehe, it's alright. :thmbsp:
 
So I should still go with that Ortofon? You have me confused now. WAY TO GO. Haha, jk, but I am a little confused now.

Sure, pick the Ortofon within your budget that has the elliptical stylus. That's a fine place to start. I've got an Ortofon cartridge that I rotate on to my Technics from time to time and it sounds fine.
 
I use an OM 10 from Thakker and like it quite a lot.

WilliamThakker is a pleasure to deal with. Every purchase I've made has gone smoothly. I'm listening to one of his Ortofons now and am very happy with it. Great prices too.

Whell's recommendation of an Ortofon for a starter is a good one. As you want more from your listening experience you can always upgrade to a better stylus.
 
Back
Top Bottom