• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Pacific Northwest AK Gathering/Meet 15th Oct.

Where exactly in Oakie Doak Harbor will the meeting take place? I might bring my little Trio (Japan) tube amp, cute little thing, Does anyone know Porter B. in Oak Harbor? Great guy , knows lots about tubes.... somebody should inivte him ! Ed
 
The first ever AK meet/gathering for the Pacific Northwest will take place at the Rolling Hills Community Club on Sidney St.,in Oak Harbor,Washington.I'll have the street numbers for everyone within the next week or so,so you can punch it up on Yahoo Maps or whatever program you want to use to print up a map.The event will run from 9am till 6pm.Lunch is as mentioned earlier on me,hamburgers and hotdogs,so bring an appetite and your audio goodies!!More info to follow soon,so check this post often if you plan to attend. Rob
 
I will try and make it. I am actually in Kettle Falls, about 80 miles north of Spokane, but may be in Portland on that date. Hope to be able to be there.
 
There are now and has been on-going,two (2) post under "Events & Happenings" for the Pacific Northwest AK Meet/Gathering,in Washington State.Hopefully the word has gotten out and you can attend.This will be an informal get-together for all AK members and their audio guest,on October 15th(that's on a Sunday,everyone),on Whidbey Island,in Oak Harbor,taking place at the Rolling Hills Community Clubhouse at 1093 Sidney St.Please input the above address into MapQuest or Yahoo Maps,and you will have proper driving directions to get to the meet.There will be a sign out on Hwy.20 at Sidney St.,labelled "AK" with a directional arrow to help guide you in,look for the red balloons on the building at the corner of Sidney and Shawn streets.The Unloading Area will be marked,the general parking area is just past the clubhouse on the same side of the street.
The event will run from 9am till 6pm.Food is provided by me,hambugers and hotdogs,chips,and a small variety of sodas.There will be a raffle for door prizes,nothing spectacular,just some small audio related items.Any questions please PM me or email at emtpara@cablespeed.com. Rob
 
Attention Everyone: Directions!

Hey Retro: Perhaps you can get a Moderator to post an anouncement on the main page, like they have for the Southern AK fest. :scratch2:

Also, I am doing you the favor of Posting a Mapquest Link to the Location:

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...+Sidney+St.&city=Oak+Harbor&state=wa&zipcode=

For people unfamiliar with the area, there are only two possible routes:
1) From the north there is a bridge at Deception Pass that you can take (take highway 20, going twoards Anacortis). But I would only recommend this for our Northerly neigbors, unless you actually want to add an extra hour+ to your drive...
2) For the rest of us, you will want to take the Ferry From Mukliteo. It is at the end of Highway 525 which intersects with I5. But you can also take highway 526 to get to the ferrys too.

Also, due to Server upgrades tomorrow, the site may be down for a few days, so get all of your contact info now!!! (and a Favorite is no good, unless the site is up!).
 
the Meet

I will be there representing Sansui....anyone looking for something?
I have a lot of trading stock...and some source stuff, cassette decks cd players some BPC surround sound {JVC and Harman Kardon} stuff....
I have an 8080db that would trade for a decent tuner {it's in protection mode}....looking forward to this event...
Got some sansui speakers, and replacement drivers...looking for replacement woofer for a sp 3500....
Casey
 
Hey Casey!! Glad you plan to attend...bring on the Sansui :music: :yes: I might be interested in some Sansui cassette decks,found a nice one,a SG3100G,in a thrift a while back,re-belted,cleaned it up,she works great!!
Rob
 
Hey Casey I could be in the market for a Tuner to pair up with my little AU-3900 amp something like a TU-3900 or TU-5900 would be awesome.

A note here guys as of today I have two LARGE apple boxes full of mostly Classic rock albums I will be bringing up to trade or sell nothing more then $2.00 I want to reduce the pile around here.

I may also be bringing up a pair of small speakers and a couple pieces of gear to sell or trade.

Bozak Ron will be riding up with me and bringing some goodies as well.
 
OH I completely forgot I have talked with Mark from Affordable Audio the great Ezine we have been enjoying reading. there is a chance he may show up. But in any case I am going to be shooting photo's and writing up a small report on our get together for an upcoming issue.

I will have my Laptop setup for guys to sign in and list the goodies they bring so I can get the details correct and not spend the whole time writing stuff down.

This could be a big help towards a larger event later on.

BE SURE TO GET ME YOUR DETAILS
 
Hey Mark!!Thanks for offering to keep a photo/record/account of the meet,I plan to snap a few photos too,at least to post pictures for the AK site members about our meet next Sunday,and to also place a picture to a face,so to speak. :yes: Rob
 
Rob I'll talk to you at the meet but make sure I get copies of your snaps they might show something mine don't and I would like to have the best available for Mark and his E-zine.

Hopefully nothing will comeup to change the luck but this week I ended up with a BUNCH of OT and will be getting that check before heading up so looks like I'll have soem fun money to spend.


Might be interested in a good TT as well if anyone is thinking about bringing one to sell or trade.
 
Anyone coming up from Seattle?

Hey All, any AKers coming from the Seattle area (or going thru Seattle) to Oak HArbor? I need a receiver picked up in the Beacon Hill area. I could make it worth your while! Pm me or email me at ecoleman@whidbey.net. Thanks! See ya Sunday! Ed
 
Hey guys,

I hope you have a great time on Whidbey Island. In 2004, my family had a reunion vacation in Langley and we explored a lot of the island, great fun.

I will say though that I did do some thrift shop hunting while up there. I think the below link will take you to a very nicely built and run thrift store that benefits the local seniors.

http://www.islandseniorservices.org/community_thrift_store.htm
communitythriftfront.jpg


Its just off the highway on the way up to Oak Harbor. Now when I visited, there was a large Phase Linear series II rack system on display. Upstairs, I ventured towards the back office near the drive up drop off area. They had a nice electronics check out area and some Marantz receivers set on their side. Didn't know if they were for sale or waiting to be checked out. I asked one of the male sales people and they showed me a couple of Pioneer recievers (SX950/980 types) which really tempted me - I just couldn't figure out how to get it into a suitcase for the flight home.

Now I can't guarantee that anything would be there but might be worth a quick sidetrip for some of you. I always scout out the local thrift stores and maybe even call ahead to see if any significant electronics may be there. Being Sunday, it is one of the ones open on that day. If you guys go up Saturday and stay the night, you can google "thrift stores whidbey Island" for some other choices.

EColeman might be able to elaborate. Hope I haven't given away any secrets!!

Y'all have fun and post some pics when you're done.

Best Regards,

Bart
mech986 in Southern California
 
HEY BART!!!What's the big idea givin' the AK crowd directions to my favorite thrift store!!! :yes: :no: :D It's ok...I am at work here in Freeland today and tomorrow,and my workplace is just a minute's walk away from the Senior Thrift.Been there today,not much happenin',found a nice Onkyo and Sony dubbing cassette deck today,and some used metal bias cassette tapes.This thrift has been very good to me in the past,found my first Marantz receiver there,and my latest find was a set of Timeframe(is that the right name?,will have to look) speakers.One of the AK members coming on Sunday volunteers there at the thrift,he gets an occasional goodie there every once and a while,unfortantely,they use Ebay as a price reference sometimes,so the prices they ask for on some of their vintage stuff reflects that.Otherwise it's a great place to check out.I won't tell you about my other "haunts",got to have some to my self,you know :thmbsp: :yes: Rob
 
Hi Rob,

Yeah, I thought long and hard about posting but I figured "share the wealth and Karma". Who knows, maybe that Marantz you saw was one I spied but couldn't get them to sell to me (not that I could have explained to my wife why I was buying audio gear on vacation).

Very nice place tho'. So you work in beautiful Freeland, very nice and always close to the water. We had a great time in Whidbey and really enjoyed visiting the Fort on the northern part of the island. Good Eats too in many of the local towns.

Be sure to leave something for the other fella's. On the other hand, maybe they're looking for boats or other stuff. They did seem to have a lot of antique furniture there too. We won't tell them about the other thrifts tho'....

Regards,

Bart
 
Oh Boy Oh Boy!!!! :banana: ....just 2 days away from our first official get-together/gathering for the AK crowd in the Pacific Northwest,here on Whidbey Island....I'm starting to get a little nervous :sigh: :scratch2: :yes: I've counted,by responses to this post so far,about 10 or so members that are going to hopefully show up,I got to make a list of things to do today to get ready....plus I got to choose what gear I'm going to bring.....plus I got to go shop for the food....plus,I got to print up a few items on the printer....plus,I got to get the door prizes rounded up....plus,I want to clean up a few pieces for the "show and tell" table....plus....plus........don't worry folks :yes: ,I'll be ready for the event,will see you all.....real soon!!! Rob
 
Would have loved to been able to swing down and make it, but alas, living in paradise has it's drawbacks (like being held hostage by Alaska Airlines). Have a great time!
 
Rob, looking forward to Sunday's AK get together. I'm driving up from the Portland area with Mark and planning to bring a Yamaha CR-1020 receiver and a Marantz 2225 receiver to sell at very reasonable prices. Both are cosmetically in great shape with some minor issues, but I'm selling my receiver collection (except for my Sansui 9090db) and keeping integrated amps instead. Look forward to meeting you and the other AK members
 
Not knowing the proper etiquitte , I need to ask , is there a time when items are going to be for sale ? Or is it just as people arrive and drag their gems out of the car?
FWIW I have some very old looking Onkyo coaxials , should I bring them? I think they maybe 8 or 10 inch (?)
Ed
 
Back
Top Bottom