• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Parts Express Web Site

The last time I checked they had changed the look of their website. It could be related to that.

800-338-0531. Old style communication. Might get answers.
 
Interesting stuff, that ‘visual route’ business.

All looks good except “Hop 3 is responding in an erratic manner, varying between 0 and 95ms response time. This could be indicative of problems at this point.”

Hop 3 appears to be a server in Washington DC.

Yes, a phone call appears to be in order, but issue appears to be somewhere between here and there, not a website issue as such...
 
One last suggestion: force your browser to refresh the page. By this I mean you want to hit the 'refresh' button (often looks like a recycling arrow) + Shift at the same time. This tells your browser to go to the site to get the page instead of getting it from your browser's cache.
 
"Still busted" - not able to connect, no word from Site Admin. Order Line said they would forward to IT folk.

They've lost my order at least - will check other sellers.

I agree with Rodzilla's professional opinion, but still wonder how/why Canadian addys can't seem to connect - I thought the founding rationale of the internet was to have multiple channels so as to avoid disruption.

ke4mcl - I should have added that they ship to Canada (outrageous UPS pricing, but that's another story), but I have a Niagara Falls 'accommodation address' for shipping and head there 2-3 times/year to pick up...
 
Maybe by now you have it figured out but I do it anyway.. That place has some 12" dual coil 8 ohm speakers I want, if they haven't sold out on them. I got a free catalog from them in the mail the other day and Its one heck of a wish book. I also need to order some tubes and bulbs for some of my receivers. I think any order over $49.00 is free shipping, not sure about Canada. They also accept Paypal.


http://www.parts-express.com/home-audio-video.cfm
 
I found a similar thread regarding the erratic Parts Express traffic here hometheatershack.com:

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/diy-subwoofers/24115-parts-express-website.html

I've been on Parts Express' site a few times over the last few days and didn't notice any problems myself, but obviously there's some strange routing behavior going on somewhere. Could be a stale DNS record somewhere on a provider's DNS server, or a bad route, kinda hard to say. I checked and found that my access from a Charter based account is working fine:

jcwx@venus:/var/www$ sudo tcptraceroute 72.9.35.38
traceroute to 72.9.35.38 (72.9.35.38), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
1 stegowski.local (10.xx.xx.xx) 2.741 ms 4.527 ms 4.855 ms
2 10.xx.xx.xx (10.xx.xx.xx) 22.681 ms 22.772 ms 22.843 ms
3 csw03ftbgwi-gbe-8-3.ftbg.wi.charter.com (96.34.20.64) 30.784 ms 33.874 ms 41.730 ms
4 crr01ftbgwi-tge-0-1-0-1.ftbg.wi.charter.com (96.34.16.27) 43.023 ms 43.206 ms 51.907 ms
5 edr01ftbgwi-gbe-2-0-0.ftbg.wi.charter.com (96.34.16.47) 41.875 ms 42.228 ms 42.406 ms
6 64.127.129.13 (64.127.129.13) 51.889 ms 51.897 ms 51.862 ms
7 eqix.chcg.twtelecom.net (206.223.119.36) 55.990 ms 26.371 ms 29.531 ms
8 66.193.28.182 (66.193.28.182) 56.552 ms 49.184 ms 51.986 ms
9 66.193.28.182 (66.193.28.182) 54.663 ms 58.827 ms 64.399 ms
10 colossal.donet.com (64.56.100.251) 67.437 ms 55.514 ms 58.190 ms
11 72-9-35-38.donet.com (72.9.35.38) 62.605 ms 47.685 ms 51.673 ms

Dunno if they've recently change their DNS record, which could result in DNS propagation issues. Oddly enough, the DNS servers listed in their whois record don't match their DNS servers listed as resolving their records.

Hmmnn...this might be it. This is from their whois record:

Domain Name: PARTSEXPRESS.NET
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: NS1.TRAFFICZ.COM
Name Server: NS2.TRAFFICZ.COM
Status: clientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 14-may-2009
Creation Date: 03-jun-2000
Expiration Date: 03-jun-2010

>>> Last update of whois database: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 02:22:25 UTC <<<

**********************

Here's what I'm seeing from the DNS servers here on a Charter account:

jcwx@venus:/var/www$ host -a partsexpress.com
Trying "partsexpress.com"
;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 51788
;; flags: qr rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 3, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 2

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;partsexpress.com. IN ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
partsexpress.com. 2587 IN A 72.9.35.38
partsexpress.com. 57191 IN NS dns2.donet.com.
partsexpress.com. 57191 IN NS dns1.donet.com.

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
partsexpress.com. 57191 IN NS dns1.donet.com.
partsexpress.com. 57191 IN NS dns2.donet.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
dns1.donet.com. 100492 IN A 64.56.119.67
dns2.donet.com. 49815 IN A 64.56.96.6

Received 154 bytes from 10.178.23.1#53 in 26 ms

*************************************

Dunno if the 'Last updated' comment in the whois record means that particular record or not. Now that I think about it, I doubt that is terribly relevant, although it could be. I'm not sure of what the relationship of the DNS servers listed there is to the ones show on an extended query of the DNS record.

And right now, I don't care. Rum is more fun presently.

John
 
uuuurph.

Well, I did a DNS query against the NS1.TRAFFICZ.COM name server listed in the whois record, and this is the result:

jcwx@venus:/var/www$ host -a partsexpress.com NS1.TRAFFICZ.COM
Trying "partsexpress.com"
Using domain server:
Name: NS1.TRAFFICZ.COM
Address: 209.59.194.246#53
Aliases:

;; ->>HEADER<<- opcode: QUERY, status: NOERROR, id: 32046
;; flags: qr aa rd; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 6, AUTHORITY: 2, ADDITIONAL: 5

;; QUESTION SECTION:
;partsexpress.com. IN ANY

;; ANSWER SECTION:
partsexpress.com. 2560 IN SOA ns1.trafficz.com. hostmaster.trafficz.com. 2008090301 3600 2048 1048576 2560
partsexpress.com. 3600 IN NS 209.59.194.246.
partsexpress.com. 3600 IN NS 209.59.195.246.
partsexpress.com. 3600 IN MX 20 mailnull.trafficz.com.
partsexpress.com. 5 IN A 209.59.195.20
partsexpress.com. 5 IN A 209.59.195.20

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
. 259200 IN NS ns1.trafficz.com.
. 259200 IN NS ns2.trafficz.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
mailnull.trafficz.com. 3600 IN A 127.0.0.1
ns1.trafficz.com. 300 IN A 209.59.194.246
ns1.trafficz.com. 259200 IN A 209.59.194.246
ns2.trafficz.com. 300 IN A 209.59.195.246
ns2.trafficz.com. 259200 IN A 209.59.195.246

Received 314 bytes from 209.59.194.246#53 in 99 ms

*********************************

Dunno, looks to be an old stale record there, and the recent events might not even be remotely related. Hard to say. If someone is using that DNS server to get to partsexpress.com, they're not going to get there.

John
 
It's a no go for me in Tasmania. First time I've been unable to access them.

It could be that the racing tiger striped racoon-dog critter in your avatar has chewed your wires into.. :yes:

I've never seem an animal quite like that and I live in East Texas where all sorts of creatures evolve from eating my mom's Bisquits, my Dad's Chili and my BBQ..:thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom