• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

PE 2013 Catalog Front Cover!

Copa1934

My ears are bleeding
New to me, but really nice looking speakers. Anyone have a clue on a kit? I did a quick check in the "kit" section and didn't find them. No idea if they sound any good, but sure look like they might pass the WAF test.
 
Register to hide this ad
Here's is the info on them


DSCF0360.jpg


IMG_2692.jpg
 
Last edited:
They are a design by Dan Neubecker called the Echelons that won the $200+ class in the Parts-Express 2012 Midwest Audio Fest. Build thread in the PE forums http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?231246-Introducing-Echelon

Video from the 2012 MWAF http://www.parts-express.com/videos...content=VID+MWAF+SDC&utm_campaign=email082312
Looks like a minimum $1200 investment in drivers alone, but the specs are quite impressive. I would guess it would be awful hard to match MSRP today with a factory speaker system. In other words could be a bargain. I could handle the construction, got the tools and the skills, but I would have to save up some for those drivers.
 
I would like to know why he went for the tweeter he did, instead of the matching Neo 3 tweeter.

very nice build!
 
I don't know why he used that tweeter, but I can tell you that they sound as impressive as they look. I heard them at NWAF.
Jeff
 
The cabinet build looks like a wood version of the B&W Matrix design. I guess if you want an acoustically dead cabinet, that's the way to do it.
 
I doubt they're very good. The two people on the cover are behind the speakers looking out the window, apparently not listening to the speakers! :scratch2:
 
The cabinet build looks like a wood version of the B&W Matrix design. I guess if you want an acoustically dead cabinet, that's the way to do it.

Absolutely! I have a pair of little original Matrix 1's that sound amazing and weigh a ton.


I doubt they're very good. The two people on the cover are behind the speakers looking out the window, apparently not listening to the speakers! :scratch2:

That hot blond is the only view I would need. What a dish. :drool:

For that matter who needs speakers! :dunno:
 
Back
Top Bottom