• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pet Peeves

DanCheet

Noobie forever
Let'm fly, boys!

I cannot stand when people say "I just wanna say..." when they interject into a conversation. We know you want to say something, that's why you are saying it.:thmbsp:

I also have very little tolerance for people who drag their feet. Unacceptable.
 
Register to hide this ad
I really detest when you do business with someone (usually a young person) and then when you complete your business and say "thank you", they reply "no problem".

Didn't anyone ever teach them to say "you're welcome"?
 
I really detest when you do business with someone (usually a young person) and then when you complete your business and say "thank you", they reply "no problem".

Didn't anyone ever teach them to say "you're welcome"?

+1 !!!!! And while we are on the subject, and I know that i may be asking a lot these days, poorly trained cashiers that don't have a clue about how to make change properly, accurately, and politely. Placing a wad of bills and coins in the customers hand along with the receipt is not the way it should be done.
 
I really hate when someone is walking in front of you, and then they just stop and all of the sudden do a complete 180 to start walking the other way. It's such a pet peeve for me because they inevitably end up crashing into me.
 
WARNING! Don't get me started on anything having to do with bad drivers. We need to leave some space and bandwidth on the server for the rest of AK.
 
I really detest when you do business with someone (usually a young person) and then when you complete your business and say "thank you", they reply "no problem".

Didn't anyone ever teach them to say "you're welcome"?

Yeah, and when you ask them what the 'problem' could have been they just don't get it. Too funny.:yes:
 
when i hear,

"Something like that" i usually reply, "Well is it like that or not, ........?

and when someone states, "In all honesty" i want to say, "So, you have been lying all this time...."

other than that I'm quite accepting.
 
There is a lot of slang I hate.

My nephiew told me he has a gip of tubes for me to look at.

What is a grip ?
 
Hate it when people are explaining something to you, you completely understand, but they insist on "In Other Words" and explain again in a different way.
 
I cant stand it when I see people out and about in public places with their pajamas and/or slippers on. Dont these idiots have any self respect? I just want to go up to them and politely punch them in the face and tell the to put some f@#$ing clothes on.
 
I really detest when you do business with someone (usually a young person) and then when you complete your business and say "thank you", they reply "no problem".

Didn't anyone ever teach them to say "you're welcome"?
.....that one gets me a little as well....I don't show it, but it does.....
 
People who walk through a doorway in a public place and then just stop :(
.....carry a compressed-air horn?.....BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH!!!.....
smileyparty.gif
 
Last edited:
Oh boy... where do we start:

1. People who finish each sentence with "ya know what I mean?"
2. People who park their carts smack dab in the middle of supermarket aisles.
3. People who bump into you with their carts at supermarkets and don't say "I'm sorry".
4. People who yap or text message on their cell phones while driving (pretty badly because of the cell phone use).
5. Customer service people whose English pronunciation is so bad that I can barely understand them.
6. Proctologists with fat fingers.
7. Consumer products that break down just right after the warranty.
8. Poor service at restaurants.
9. People who insist on talking or commenting consistently throughout a movie.
10. People (usually BMW drivers) who purposely use up 2 parking spaces so that nobody parks their car to close to them.
11. People who are wasteful of food.
12. People who are disrespectful of others.
13. People who judge others or feel they are better than others based on outward appearances.
14. People deliberately looking to cheat "the system" or scam others including individuals and businesses. This includes the countless lawsuits that really have no business tying up the court system as well as insurance scams from both sides, etc...
15.
16.
17. People who block the intersection during rush hour.
18. eBay people who end their auctions early on a "no reserve" auction because they feel they're not going to get what they wanted.
19. People who describe something as mint followed by "except for a scratch here and a ding there and missing part here".
20. Amway or any other MLM people who try to recruit you.
21. Going on vacation and being pestered by a rep from a timeshare company.

The list goes on and on.... some of these pet peeves bother me... others are annoyances... and some I just brush off, but nonetheless, they are pet peeves.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom