• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pet Peeves

I cant stand it when I see people out and about in public places with their pajamas and/or slippers on. Dont these idiots have any self respect? I just want to go up to them and politely punch them in the face and tell the to put some f@#$ing clothes on.


Mine is:

People who complain about "respect" issues and want to solve said "respect" issues with violence... it doesn't get any more disrespectful than that.
 
I also have very little tolerance for people who drag their feet. Unacceptable.

This is very high on my list, too. Just the sound of shoes scraping across the floor puts me on edge. I've never understood why people let themselves do that.

For me, people who:
  • Chew gum with their mouth open
  • Cough or sneeze into open air
  • Sniffing every five seconds rather than blowing nose
  • Have inconsistent speed on the interstate (you usually pass them four times and vise-versa)
  • Bounce their car doors into the side of your car
  • Never learned how to parallel park
  • Whistle tunelessly all day long at work
  • Overuse the statement "Oh my God"
 
I try not to sweat the little stuff so much, but someone picking their nose gets me like nothing else!
Figuring that a good number of us "older" guys and gals in this forum were raised in a far stricter home atmosphere than a lot, but not all, of the younger folks these days, we're able to appreciate and expect more common courtesy and respect.
As far as the written word is concerned, something that mildly bugs me is the improper use and non-use of contractions, e.g. "they are" = "they're" and not "there" and the proper use as a possessive , e.g. "their". Also, the contraction for "you are" is "you're" and not "your".

I'm no English major by any stretch of the imagination. My placement and use of punctuation is not always correct, however I've been working at it more in the past years. I doubt I'll ever become a proof reader for a major publishing company!
 
Last edited:
... As far as the written word is concerned, something that mildly bugs me is the improper use and non-use of contractions, e.g. "they are" = "they're" and not "there" and the proper use as a possessive , e.g. "their". Also, the contraction for "you are" is "you're" and not "your".

For me it's someone wanting 'advise' as opposed to wanting advice. I'm not an english major either but it bugs me.

Another pet peeve is my bank. The past few years they have adopted an aggressive sales tactic where everyone is supposed to sell you the 'product of the day' (line of credit I don't need, investment service/advice I don't want). I went in the other day to close an unused account and had to fend off a sales pitch for their in house investment adviser.

And most recently the customer support policy that every problem is one where the customer 'just does not understand'. And someone needs to 'explain the process'. Whatever happened to 'Dang! We screwed up! Sorry about that Mr. Tirebiter. Would you like a free bagel?'
 
Last edited:
The Borg Bluetooth ear implants.

At least show me enough respect that you don't answer that f*****g thing midstream through our conversation.
 
I hate it when someone stands in a doorway to talk to some one in that room or hall. They block everyone else trying to enter or leave. Get out of the doorway and get into the damn room, bee-och!
 
I hate it when the waitress comes back about every 5 minutes to ask you if everything is OK. Whenever they do this my mouth is usually full, so all I can do is nod my head!
 
I hate it when someone stands in a doorway to talk to some one in that room or hall. They block everyone else trying to enter or leave. Get out of the doorway and get into the damn room, bee-och!

Me, too. I get the feeling that subconciously they think they are in a 'frame'. Now they are the center of attention.
 
The Borg Bluetooth ear implants.

At least show me enough respect that you don't answer that f*****g thing midstream through our conversation.

What was it that George Carlin said?....."Hey, Spaceman, with your extra hand why don't you come over here and scratch my f'n b@lls"
 
When someone calls it a "hot water heater". It's a "water heater"! The water is already hot! Why would you heat hot water?
 
I hate it when the waitress comes back about every 5 minutes to ask you if everything is OK. Whenever they do this my mouth is usually full, so all I can do is nod my head!

They ask you this when everything is okay, but after your done eating and want one more refill of ice tea they're no where to be found.

Scott
 
Use the word scroe for score.Tells me not to even read the thread or post.
 
1. When kids under a certain adolescent age say, "Wait... what?" all of the time.
2. Addicts carrying their phone in their hands ALL of the time- just waiting for the next fix... er, call or text.
3. Loud, obnoxious people who have no regard for their surroundings.
4. ppl who dont spl rght or use good grmr runons and u use txt wrdz to talk to ppl OMG what r u thinking (AK is not immune from this infection)
5. ... whatever... (in a valley girl voice).
6. Anything in a valley girl voice.
7. People who overstate everything.
8. Students who can only talk about texting, friending, Facebook, and beating up b**ch*s.
9. Insensitive and abusive cell users.
10. Incessant and inane prattling on about nothing anyone cares about.
11. yes, scroe for me as well!
12. Improper pronunciation (airiate for aerate, foilage for foliage, simular for similar, nucular for nuclear, Warshington for... you know)
13. Urban-type pedestrians who use their bodies and nerve to exert control over you, the driver, on the road when they have a sidewalk to be on.
14. Pull you f*c*ing pants up for christ's sake and stop walking like you've got a corncob up your @$$; prison inmate wannabe!
|
|
|
V
it goes on and on...
 
Last edited:
My #1...................................................................


Sorry Lady, but I do NOT want to hear about your Vaginal Itch, while you talk loudly into your cell phone at a public restaurant.

Steve
 
People who say expresso instead of espresso. And people who say excetra instead of etcetera. It's only reading people. Please do it! Lol.
 
...The heavy pull down toward the Technics SL-1200 whenever anyone asks advice on what turntable to spend two grand on.
 
Back
Top Bottom