• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pet Peeves

I remember walking in a town in Victoria (Oz) with a girlfriend. I went to stop at a crosswalk to make sure traffic was stopping. She pulled me into the intersection and told me I was just making the motorist wait longer. Guess that's another way to look at it.:scratch2:

In my neck of the woods you are well advised to make sure traffic stops. Folks have a nasty habit of not stopping for pedestrians in cross walks, stop signs or traffic lights. Often they are talking on the cell phone, putting on makeup, eating a burger or all of the above and are just not paying attention.

This would be another pet peeve. :)
 
Tailgaters. I fix 'em though...with a shot of "tailgate remover". Just keep my foot on the gas & touch the brake with the other foot just enough to trigger the brake lights. Sometimes I even check the mirror to see if they dynamited their brakes & ended up in the ditch. As Nelson would say: "Hah..Hahhh!"
 
:scratch2:
Something that I don't remember hearing - 20/30 years ago.

Isn't 'veggies' a word for infants?
As in 'mommie has to go wee wee so eat your veggies ok Bobbie?'

This word is being used everywhere by grown-ups with grown-ups ... and it BUGS me...
(OK, I have yet to hear Pres. Obama utter this word when meeting with the press)

WHAT IS WRONG WITH THE WORD 'VEGETABLE'!!! :grumpy: :grumpy: :grumpy:
 
This thread reads like a script from
Becker.jpg


Great show
 
"Try AND ..." (as in try and fix, try and do, try and find...)
Its" try TO ... " If you know you are going to fix it or do it or find it, why tell me about the try part?

I find it very trying.
 
A herd of cows in the middle of a rural road, when I'm on my motorcycle.
Especially when the come RUNNING at you, 'cause they think you have FOOD!!
Oh, Lordy...........................................

Steve
 
OK, this goes along with many of the "grammer-gripe" threads we have all chatted about, however it turns my crank when I hear someone (mostly adults no less) say that I want to "AXE" you a question...Last I knew there is no "X" is the word "Ask"....:no:
 
bluetooth ear pieces... add me to the list of haters please
using the "honk-horn" feature when locking your car remotely...
parking in handicap spots with no permit...
having to ask for a beverage refill in a restaurant, when the glass is empty...
people who don't respond to a "Hello" or "good morning"...
people who don't say "excuse me" when they should...
audio gear sellers who have no clue how to pack items for a safe delivery
(and seem to not really care)
 
Why are so few drivers aware of the rules of the four way stop? At least 75% my four way stop experiences involve someone going when it isn't their turn, often without ever having reached a full stop.

I was almost thinking about making a topic on this, actually. Though in my case it's not so much 4 way stops, but intersections. I swear, I understand the "right on red" rule, but if not explicitly stated, I believe there to be a implied stop somewhere in there. Of course, try telling that to the public at large, when most see a red light and try to keep going right, despite others going into that lane at a proper light. It's really bad around here.

Might as well mention tailgaters, not fond of it, I can be going the speed limit, little over (The camry tracks a little under, the mustang is aproximate) sometimes, but no doubt every trip will have someone sniffing the tailpipe like they don't know where its been:no:. Seems especially common with cell phone drivers, who I think only pay minor attention and keep on track by the bumper in front of them, rather than the whole road and limits.

Side gripe, I dislike hearing "Works good", "works great", yeah, that's fine, but with Good, nope, sounds wrong. I tend to say "works well", or such. Not a big deal, but it is a personal peeve/irk.
 
Like when ummm somebody, you know, like punctuates a spoken ummm sentence, with, you know, like spots where, ummm, their brain, like, you know, ummm isn't like working...
 
I was almost thinking about making a topic on this, actually. Though in my case it's not so much 4 way stops, but intersections. I swear, I understand the "right on red" rule, but if not explicitly stated, I believe there to be a implied stop somewhere in there. Of course, try telling that to the public at large...

Yeah, I forgot about that one. In an entitled society, people take it to be their RIGHT to do it regardless of the on-street situation. I personally use the rule that if I make a R-O-R that causes the traffic to have to alter their driving (braking or changing lanes to accommodate me), I've not done it correctly.

Another one- slower traffic in the left (passing) lane and the refusal to move over and allow others to go. Europeans know what all this means and people act accordingly. If you're being passed on the right, YOU'RE IN THE WRONG LANE! It's very frustrating.
 
Last edited:
They just walk right out in front of you thinking, "I have the right-a-way and you have to stop".

If the pedestrian is in a crosswalk I believe you are legally obligated to stop.

Granted, I don't disagree that it might not be the smartest thing for a pedestrian to just breeze on out like nobody's business, but afaik, they do have right of way in a marked crosswalk.
 
When people say "you" when they really mean "I".

As in--- "You know, sometimes you just want a six foot tall woman to wrap you in latex and tie you to your bed posts because it makes you feel safe and loved."


---no... no it doesn't. Pretty sure that's you.


.
 
...
Side gripe, I dislike hearing "Works good", "works great", yeah, that's fine, but with Good, nope, sounds wrong. I tend to say "works well", or such. Not a big deal, but it is a personal peeve/irk.

I tried to instill that one in my kids early on, but they sometimes catch me on it, too. I once mentioned to my daughter that I "did good". Her reply was, "Oh, nice. Did you volunteer at a food bank or something?" Smart ass. (Got that from her mother.:yes:)
 
I hate when girls (in my school obviously) say that they hate all guys in the world just because their last relationship didn't work out.
The way I see it, not all guys are the same, and she hasn't dated them all. It is also brought upon herself by choosing the most shallow guys in the school because they are "hot" or "sweet" when I can clearly look straight through them and tell that they are an @$$ on the inside. She will then proceed to wonder why she got put down or treated like crap for dating the most asinine guys in the school, and therefore she now hates all guys in the world because of her own decisions.

I challenge these people to find a truly charming person and see what the definition of sweet really is.


I also hate how freshman swear profusely just because they are in high school now and they think they are big shots. IMO, a sentence does not have to have three swear words inserted into it to show emotion, especially when the F-bomb is dropped more than once in one sentence...Grow up.


Also, going back to the girl thing...Why do so many girls in school think that the ONLY thing a guy is after is sex. I mean really, cmon.
 
Last edited:
"There are some people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I HATE people like that."

- Tom Lehrer
 
"There are some people in this world who do not love their fellow human beings, and I HATE people like that."

- Tom Lehrer

National Brotherhood week?:D

Spartonmanor said:
[Motorist not using turn signals. So I have to guess what they are up to.

Yep, there's another one. My mother is often guilty of that and I attempt to correct her. It's actually pretty shocking that people are so relaxed and casual in a massive piece of metal going 50 mph, so much so that they think others can interpert what they are doing:sigh:.

Europeans know what all this means and people act accordingly

Yeah, no joke, I was over in europe for a bit, drove a little...totally different enviroment.

313guy (howdy!) said:
[I tried to instill that one in my kids early on, but they sometimes catch me on it, too. I once mentioned to my daughter that I "did good". Her reply was, "Oh, nice. Did you volunteer at a food bank or something?" Smart ass. (Got that from her mother.) /QUOTE]

Ha, gotta love that...though I think I get my snark from both sides. It's too easy to instill stuff, then trip on it yourself:yes:
 
Back
Top Bottom