• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pet Peeves

I hate when girls (in my school obviously) say that they hate all guys in the world just because their last relationship didn't work out.
The way I see it, not all guys are the same, and she hasn't dated them all. It is also brought upon herself by choosing the most shallow guys in the school because they are "hot" or "sweet" when I can clearly look straight through them and tell that they are an @$$ on the inside. She will then proceed to wonder why she got put down or treated like crap for dating the most asinine guys in the school, and therefore she now hates all guys in the world because of her own decisions...

Hmm, why does that seem true? At my school it's not only the boys who think they're cool it's also the boys that get low grades, have no electives because they're in support classes, are always in detention and\or suspension, listen to (c)rap music and always are in the lowest possible classes. It seems all the girls only like people in the Algebra Readiness class and that's the lowest 8th grade class. I wonder about people sometimes...
 
People that blow grass into the street when they mow their lawn. Worse yet, blow or shovel snow into the street. Please, clean up after yourself. Just aim the chute in the opposite direction.
 
The term "MY BAD" just bugs the crap out of me ...

Kids running wild in public places while the parents seem blind to it ! Or parents who bring there young children to the R rated movies . More then likely due to the fact no baby sitter , so not wanting to wait they bring them to a violent movie .

Neighbors who park in front of my mail box blind to the fact no delivery will be made.

People who can't seem to park between the lines .


Phone calls after 10pm and before 8am , I need my down time .

The son who drink my last cold beverage and does not place any more into the ice box. I call them mine if I buy them and load fridge ! He is 22 and has a JOB .... Yes it is a sore spot right now !



Barney
 
.....here's a pet peeve I can't seem to help....but I never show it....let's say I go to the eye doctor's office, and the tech I'm with first, tells me to do everything, "fooor her"....step up here, "fooor me," put your chin here, "fooor me," look left, "fooor me," look right, "fooor me," etc.,etc.....I can't help but think, "hon, I don't know you at all, and really don't want to do anything, "fooor you"".....

.....Guys, is this way out there?....would it benefit mankind if I crawled in a hole?.....
 
Last edited:
People that blow grass into the street when they mow their lawn. Worse yet, blow or shovel snow into the street. Please, clean up after yourself. Just aim the chute in the opposite direction.

Had a neighbor that used to run his mower up the road with the deck running to blow all the grass back into his yard. Kind man.



New pet peeves as of today.
I hate how people mess with things that they shouldn't.
I also hate how people try to tell you how to do your job.

Just came from a school concert. The band director specifically assigned me to run the main PA system, since I seem to be the only one who knows how. First off, the main input to the amp was coming from the completely wrong outputs on the mixer, so I straightened that out real quick and defaulted everything on the mixer. I then got it all hooked up to the mics, powered it up, started setting levels, tuning mics and such..had it running perfectly. Not one problem happened with the PA system and I set it up to run itself, then went to my seat to play. A few hours later, the percussion roll in, and plug in the keyboard without tuning it. :thumbsdn: I didn't want to interrupt rehearsal by fixing the problem myself so I just turned my head and ignored it. Later on, someone gets the bright idea to raise the fader for the main wireless mic that the director was using, which was one of those clip-on mics. Now, those mics have a higher gain than the other three mics that were set up, so I put the gain right at the optimum and it was working perfect with no feedback. So over he goes turning up the director's mic. Low and behold there's that terrible screaming sound that inflicts terrible pain on the entire ensemble..I had to resist the urge to slap him for touching things that he wasn't supposed to.

After the show, I proceeded to packing up the PA system, and here comes someone else to tell me how to do my job, just adding more frustration to the matter.
Why can't some people keep their nose out of others' business?
 
dusty have you been doing sound long ? If so you have been lucky not to have this happen more .



Barney
 
Well, some other things are:
Don't say "cuz" instead of because. It to do damn hard to just say "because?"

Don't touch my computer, it's named "TouchNDie" for a reason and if you don't believe me try using it.

The school. In one gym someone set the treble level all the way as low as it gets and the bass level as high as it gets. The gym sound system sounds like crap and yet they won't let me go and fix it. They also have a couple of speakers with the polarity wrong and the balance is wrong.

My neighbor telling me to turn down my rock music. I've got to listen to mexican music that you're playing so loud that I can't concentrate on typing something as simple as this you can deal with my music that is in english.

And finally, people who go and say "Oh, you've got 4.1 surround? I've got 7.1" and when I ask where they got it they say "At Walmart on sale half price." Well, my 4.1 system sounds a lot better and only cost me $25 because I waited 5 months to buy it.
 
One more big one -- smokers that toss their butts out of the car window. :puke: :gigglemad

AMEN! Or, just flick them onto the ground wherever they're standing. The outside common area between our office and the plant is a smoking area. There are butt cans there. Does anyone apparently use them? Not sure, I haven't looked inside any of them, but by the whole shitload of butts on the ground apparently not. It's an embarrassment to escort someone through there and I avoid it as much as possible.
 
Last edited:
One of mine is when you're in the check out line at a store and the person in front of you waits until the cashier has rung everything up, then they dig in their purse for their checkbook and proceed to take 10 minutes to write out their check. GET a debit card damn it!
 
^^^^^
Many places that still accept checks have the systems where you don't really have to fill out the paper, except just sign it. Would be nice if they'd remind you of that before you spend the time filling it out.

I still write checks but it's a DAMN check, not a Picasso, just fill it out...quickly, and balance your checkbook somewhere else. Probably takes me less time to write a check than it does for a lot of people to pay with cash, especially when they insist on digging through every pocket, nook, and cranny to pay with exact change.
 
Last edited:
One of mine is when you're in the check out line at a store and the person in front of you waits until the cashier has rung everything up, then they dig in their purse for their checkbook and proceed to take 10 minutes to write out their check. GET a debit card damn it!


+100 :yes:
 
Anyone that says, "let me put it this way". Really? Will it be simpler for my poor uneducated ass to understand?

People that talk too much.

So-called "clever" answering machine outgoing messages.

CL ads that can't spell the product name correctly (ooh, that's a big one).

Ford Mustangs. (only '80's and up) Boss 429's are way OK.

Cell phones. It seems perfectly OK to dump out of a good conversation to answer a f#^$** cell phone. You do that to me, conversations over, I'll move on.

Opinionated people.....umm... like me.
 
One of mine is when you're in the check out line at a store and the person in front of you waits until the cashier has rung everything up, then they dig in their purse for their checkbook and proceed to take 10 minutes to write out their check. GET a debit card damn it!

Or balance their checkbook to include the ck they just wrote! Ever see that?
 
Oh, and one more....women who claim to carry "a few extra pounds", which seems to be the weight of an extra body. No offence intended, but when their muffin top has its own muffin top, it's not exactly a few extra pounds.
 
-I hate obviously able-bodied people who boast about being on disability or social security. I think if you are able to work AT ALL, you should. Hell, I'm nuts, fat, and in pain and I still go to work each day.

-I hate people who don't keep their children quiet. I was at a restaurant the other day, next to a table of 3 adults and 3 kids. All of the adults talked LOUDLY amongst themselves, and the kids ran circles around the table, screaming. The one hag's cell phone kept ringing at full volume....

-I hate people who have loud cell phone ring tones. AND- if you aren't going to answer it, hit the "silence" button and shut it up!

-I hate people who place complicated lottery orders at the gas station. I like to prepay with cash, or get a drink or whatever. And I have to wait behind Sir LoseALot while he explains all his numbers to the clerk (and how he came up with the numbers, and how he "almost won" the other day).

-I hate people who blast OEM or poorly-installed car stereos. It's all distorted, licence plate rattling, etc.

-Similar to the last one, I hate people who park at the gas station, turn their key on so the stereo will blast, and then go inside and leave it blasting with nobody around (this is really common around here).

-I hate it when I am in a drive-thru and they say "Is everything correct on your screen?" It's not my screen. I believe it belongs to McDonald's.

-I hate "bong marts" (as my friend calls them). You know, little convenience stores that sell a little bit of pop, chips, etc, and a whole lot of bongs, pills, and "other stuff".

-I hate check cashing stores and "Skill Based Games" or Penny Slot Machine establishments (bonus piss-points if they are in the same building)

I could go on and on.
 
Last edited:
Tiny foreign cars in my way on the interstate. We have a "left lane" law in KS, but apparently they don't enforce it. It is kinda fun though to put that Chevy Bow Tie in their mirror.:D
 
Back
Top Bottom