• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pet Peeves

AMEN! Or, just flick them onto the ground wherever they're standing. The outside common area between our office and the plant is a smoking area. There are butt cans there. Does anyone apparently use them? Not sure, I haven't looked inside any of them, but by the whole shitload of butts on the ground apparently not. It's an embarrassment to escort someone through there and I avoid it as much as possible.

Yeah, I don't know what makes this less a littering problem than tossing a McDonald's bag out the car window; at least law enforcement doesn't.
 
One of mine is when you're in the check out line at a store and the person in front of you waits until the cashier has rung everything up, then they dig in their purse for their checkbook and proceed to take 10 minutes to write out their check. GET a debit card damn it!

There is a lot of overlap there with those OCD on the coupon-types at the cashier. Going over every detail, perusing the purse for more, watching the cashier like a hawk and pointing out problems.:grumpy: :no: :mad: :gigglemad :butt1:
 
Last edited:
...people who go and say "Oh, you've got 4.1 surround? I've got 7.1" and when I ask where they got it they say "At Walmart...

That would instantly trigger mean laughter from me. If they are bragging about 7.1 that they got from Walmart? Guaranteed it is a cheap all-in-one piece of crap.

Two more:
1. People who brag about having a projector in their home theater that is extremely low res, very dark, and isn't even focused or shows the picture in a trapezoid instead of a square. At that point, I would rather watch a movie on a 5" screen..

2. "Rice Burners" that have "fart cans". I cannot understand why they think that sounds good...No one wants to hear your car if it sounds like a moped..
Then they seem to want to race everybody in town for who knows what reason, then they cry like babies and demand a rematch when they lose to a small V6 pickup.
Why put so much money into a car for turbos and junk that will just blow up when you can cam a V8 for $300 or less and get 4x the result?
Your car pushes 12 pounds boost? My truck pushes 67lbs boost every day..:dunno:
 
Last edited:
...
2. "Rice Burners" that have "fart cans". I cannot understand why they think that sounds good...No one wants to hear your car if it sounds like a moped...
I don't consider them to be a pet peeve -- just a source of a smirk and a laugh. The get a bonus laugh when the car that the toot comes from also has a paste-on JC Whitney spoiler, different colored body parts, mis-matched wheels and tires, and one of those God-awful sub woofers playing some kind of unrecognizable crap. Timmy Speed Racer is lookin' cool though, or so he thinks anyway.
 
Thought of another one (not too much of a challenge actually), people that don't return shopping carts to the coral or the store when they are finished with them and just leave them in the parking lot. I have had my car hit enough times by shopping cart torpedos that I have learned to park down hill of an island or in the end space far enough away from the store that I am safe.
 
Thought of another one (not too much of a challenge actually), people that don't return shopping carts to the coral or the store when they are finished with them and just leave them in the parking lot. I have had my car hit enough times by shopping cart torpedos that I have learned to park down hill of an island or in the end space far enough away from the store that I am safe.

The ALDI stores don't have that problem. Good solution, if you are familiar with them.
 
Dog owners who bring their beasts up to my favorite hiking trails and let them **** at will without picking up the smelly piles...."One Mile Loop" is already nicknamed "Dog Poop Loop".
SOBs.
 
I've dealt with it for Years but last year I gave up and started really being annoyed by people (everywhere) who look at me and say "Do you play basketball?"
(I'm 6-9)...

Soo now I just smile and say No! Do you play miniature golf????

Instead of what's in my head NO ASSHOLE I HATE BASKETBALL WHAT IS WRONG WITH PEOPLE?

Seriously. Can't hardly go a day without the question.

Ooh one more: some people then tell me if They were that tall, they would play basketball because it's like I'm retarded because I don't...

Ok better now.

:)


Matt
 
Whereas I'd want to know more interesting things like, how do you wash your hair if you're way above the shower head?
 
My pet peeve is when a friend or family say's to you after the fact---
"Well I didn't want to say anything but ....... or I could have told you....."
To which I reply to be honest with me up front in the future.
 
One more big one -- smokers that toss their butts out of the car window. :puke: :gigglemad

When I smoked I NEVER threw a butt out the car window or threw them just anywhere in public. It's a thoughtless, inconsiderate and selfish thing to do! Smokers have a bad rep as it is, and tossing butts just pees me off!

I'd put them out on the bottom of my shoe and put them in my pocket. I also kept empty Altoids tins to use as ashtrays when needed.

And today I've not smoked for one whole week! :banana:
 
Let me axe you a question.......

TV commercials that feature someone screaming. I vow never to use a product endorsed in such a manner.
 
There are many pet peeves on this thread that apply to me.

One of mine is when people talk trash about audio equipment they've never used or heard.
 
Corporate phone messages who tell you "your business is important to us" before they put you on hold.

Apparently not important enough to hire enough people to answer the damn phone :rolleyes:
 
Or better yet, unsolicited inbound automated phone calls that begin 'Hello... please stand by for an important message.' Automatic hang up for me.

So many of my pet peeves have been detailed here in this thread, everybody else saved me the effort of typing. You guys are the best! :thmbsp:
 
When I smoked I NEVER threw a butt out the car window or threw them just anywhere in public. It's a thoughtless, inconsiderate and selfish thing to do! Smokers have a bad rep as it is, and tossing butts just pees me off!

I'd put them out on the bottom of my shoe and put them in my pocket. I also kept empty Altoids tins to use as ashtrays when needed.

And today I've not smoked for one whole week! :banana:

Well done and congratulations! Keep up the good work. You are through the roughest part of quitting with some not so easy days still ahead. You CAN do it! :thmbsp:
 
+1 !!!!!!!

And, no, I'm NOT impressed that you have one -- YA DORK! :no: Put two of the damn things in and I still won't believe that you are that important. Impotent perhaps, but definitely not important!

It used to be key rings attached to the belt buckle,and then it was walkie-talkies,then cell phones,and now those Blue tooth thingies.Still dorky as hell.
Jimmy
 
Back
Top Bottom