• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pet Peeves

-I hate people who place complicated lottery orders at the gas station.

-Similar to the last one, I hate people who park at the gas station, turn their key on so the stereo will blast, and then go inside and leave it blasting with nobody around (this is really common around here).

Both of these.

Also when the car is kept running while the tank is being filled. Where's my match?
 
I like to read books. You read that right. I read books. Something that irks me is when I sit down to read and open my book and start to read and some knuckle-dragger starts trying to have a conversation with me. They are completely oblivious to the fact that I have my nose buried in my book and fully expect me to listen to what they have to say and answer them. Unlike some people, I can only fully concentrate on one thing at a time. I try to be polite and I try to listen, but I have my book out for a reason. I enjoy it and want to read it. I think that fact is lost on them. I end up ignoring them and read my book.
 
There are many pet peeves on this thread that apply to me.

One of mine is when people talk trash about audio equipment they've never used or heard.

BTW I heard the Emotiva stuff in your sig line is crap. :D

Both of these.

Also when the car is kept running while the tank is being filled. Where's my match?

The other day I was next to a carload of prime Missouri Ozark Rednecks at the Conoco. The girl starts pumping WITH CIG IN HAND, and her mulleted boyfriend offers to take over (at which point I whisper 'Thank God') but guess what...he's got one lit up too! Not even in his mouth, but in his other hand, 16" from the nozzle, downwind where the fumes go....I got the f#(^ outta there.


@ tox:

I sit down.

:)

Matt

Mystery solved! :thmbsp:

Now, how do you...uh, never mind.
 
Tip Jars. And we're seeing more of them everyday. Why does everyone now think they deserve a tip on top of their regular pay?

Why should I "tip" for ordering something at the counter, picking it up myself, and then throwing it in the trash at the end? What am I missing here? I need to tip them for taking my money and giving me change???? WTF?

Oh ya, and another pet peeve is people who say "WTF".
 
Here's a driving one. When people are turning right onto another street (from a parking lot or at a stop), but make everyone behind them wait until all lanes in front of them are clear because they want to cross to the farthest lane over. Ever hear of going around the block or modifying your immediate route somehow?
 
Here's a driving one. When people are turning right onto another street (from a parking lot or at a stop), but make everyone behind them wait until all lanes in front of them are clear because they want to cross to the farthest lane over. Ever hear of going around the block or modifying your immediate route somehow?
That would be a Butt-head turn as refer to them. All too common around these parts. Illegal too, I might add but the Police are every bit as guilty of committing the deed as civilians are. It is all too obvious that neither the Police nor the typical motorist knows the basics of the motor vehicle code - or cares about it or common sense or common courtesy.

OK, in order to conserve bandwidth and storage space on the AK servers I promised myself that I wouldn't go off on a rant about drivers so I have to stop now with just that one comment. That one was just too hard to resist. :D
 
Agree 100% with HamDog regarding Tip Jars...and it is indeed at nearly every cash register we encounter from restaurants to coffee shops to pizza joints to quick stops. Somebody stop the madness!
 
When behind some dummy at an intersection in the left turn lane. They sit there at the line while the light is green and wait thru the entire cycle for a green arrow.

It's perfectly legal to enter the intersection and wait for oncoming traffic to stop for the red light. Then safely make your turn.

Jeesh, that frosts my ass!
 
Along similar lines, there's this intersection on my way to work with a right turn only lane. The way the light cycle works the street I'm on gets red, then green arrow (while the street on the right has green), then full on green. Between the green arrow and the full green there is a 3 second delay. Three times in the last month I have been behind someone who stops because the arrow is going yellow and then doesn't go when it goes full green. With two of them no amount of honking and light flashing could convince them it was legal TO TURN RIGHT ON GREEN.

That and the intersection near my house where there are three lanes turning right onto three on-ramps and there's always someone who decides that they want to take the last on-ramp from the right lane. I take the second on-ramp and I've had some really close calls.
 
....People who point to their wrist while asking you the time...

It makes me want to grab my crotch and ask where the bathroom is.
 
Or the ones who use their thumb and pinky fingers to emulate a phone when motioning for you to call them.
 
People who use "up" as a verb.... "I'm going to up the thermostat."

"Up" is a direction, not a verb! "Raise" is a perfectly good word.

I know, I know... it's slang and accepted but it grates on my nerves.
 
One of my biggest pet peeves is 'Easy to open' boxes or packages of food. Easy open, my ass! You need a crowbar, machete or the jaws of life to get some of these packages created in Hell, open. :grumpy:
 
One of my biggest pet peeves is 'Easy to open' boxes or packages of food. Easy open, my ass! You need a crowbar, machete or the jaws of life to get some of these packages created in Hell, open. :grumpy:
OH Yeah! I am right with you on that one! I hate having to use tools to simply open a common package. Having to get a sharp knife out to open the bag inside a cerial box is nuts! If you try to armstrong it open you end up with Cornflakes all over the kitchen when the damn bag finally lets go. :gigglemad

Kids toys these days that need a razor knife, needle-nose pliers and side cutters to get the stupid toy free from the box are more than just a little annoying.
 
I just read this thing and now I am all pissed off! Thanks guys.

People who direct a conversation back toward something they want to talk about and then bore you with something you don't give a crap about.
 
I just read this thing and now I am all pissed off! Thanks guys.

People who direct a conversation back toward something they want to talk about and then bore you with something you don't give a crap about.
Now thats funny right there -- I don't care who 'ya are!
 
Back
Top Bottom