• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pet Peeves

The loading guy at the quarry, who gives you 1.5 tons of gravel when you ask for two in the morning (and due to min. charge it would cost me the same), and in the afternoon, just doesn't stop dumping until you finally wave him off frantically, only to find you got 2.5 tons, which is more than you've ever had back there, so takes 2.5 miles to get up to speed with that little engine, and God help you all if I need to stop this juggernaut.
I feel your pain but I had to laugh thinking about how the steering must be almost impossible while looking up at the sky let alone being able to get stopped when up to speed :D


REGARDS JIM
 
My Pet Peavey

pet-peavey.jpg
 
I feel your pain but I had to laugh thinking about how the steering must be almost impossible while looking up at the sky let alone being able to get stopped when up to speed :D


REGARDS JIM

Luckily it was on a tandem axle flatbed trailer, and the tongue weight wasn't so bad after I shifted a few shovelfuls here and there, so no sky viewing for me, but sheesh! The mind's eye conjures up visions of people pulling out of side roads and me ending up the ditch, my remains already buried under a mountain of 1" clean.
 
Rush hour on the freeway in bumper to bumper traffic and no one is using the HOV lane except an occasional Prius attempting to cross over 6 lanes of traffic to the exit ramp on the right side!
 
Rush hour on the freeway in bumper to bumper traffic and no one is using the HOV lane except an occasional Prius attempting to cross over 6 lanes of traffic to the exit ramp on the right side!
And, of course, being completely oblivious to toxcrusadr's truck beside them doing all he can to keep from running their sorry asz over! That fool in the Prius would be a typical Darwing award nominee.
 
I noticed some complaints about cashiers on the start of the page, so I had to respond with a something that can attest to that....
I run a register amongst things at my job, and I for one am bombarded most of the day by rude, ignorant people who don't listen, are on cell phones, can't do basic math, have no patience, and most of all, DO NOT hand things (money or cards) to me, like I have the plague, yet expect me to hand it to them...
 
whipped butter. It annoys me.

+1 on that. Just a way of selling you air instead of product! Like those candy bars, who was it, 3 Musketeers, bragging about how they were 30% more fluffy or something. They're selling us AIR! :no:

Cashiers...how bout the guy the other day who rang up 15 packages of Ramen one at a time instead of scanning one and punching x15 on the keyboard? Farking receipt was 2 feet long. :D
 
Stores that have cashiers that don't have the slightest clue how to do simple arithmetic without a machine to do it for them or the courtesy to properly count your change back to you. BUT, it is NOT the cashiers fault. It is the fault of the store owner and whoever trained the cashier. Unfortunately, most of them don't understand the concept either.
 
Eating well these days? :scratch2: :D

Office food drive. To win, your department has to come up with the most items per capita. Ramen was 5/$1. :D

Edit: I wish I could say I had bought a fantastic expensive piece of audio gear, but no such luck.
 
Stores that charge almost another dollar and think we won't notice. Doesn't make cents to me.

petpeeves.jpg


Although $99.99 does sound better than ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ...
 
I don't listen to games either. Just tried to justify how anyone might go on for so long. If it's not music, I'm moving on. :music:

Once i was sorta forced to listen to baseball game
Scary when I started to sorta understand what was going on
Thanks dad :D
 
Having to wait on the phone for the next representative. The fix? “Press 1 for Spanish”. Nobody’s on that line, zero wait most of the time and they can’t hang up.
 
Back
Top Bottom