• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Pet Peeves

Came up with two more:

Long, unnecessary automated voicemail prompts:
"The customer at XXX-XXX-XXXX is unavailable or out of the calling area. Please leave your message after the tone. When you have finished recording the message, you can hang up or press one for more options. To leave a call-back number, press five."

People who stop in traffic to leave two car spaces ahead of them, then slowly and randomly creep forward to close the gap.
 
AND, is it just a Maryland thing to stop on the road right where you are when stopped by an officer? That is DAMMED annoying- taking up one lane of traffic when they just as easily could have pulled off onto a side street or into a parking lot. I have lived for extended times in PA, OH and in MD in my adult life and it is only here that I see it. I always think that the officer ought to tack on the you're-a-dumbass-for-doing-this citation.

Tyler
 
People who stop their car in the middle of the street so they can chat with a neighbor and blocking your path and then look at you like you are the rude one. Asswipes!!
 
Following the theme, people that pull up to the entrance at WalMart, the mall or a store, stop, (cars behind them stop) chat with the passenger for a few moments or longer (more cars stop in line), the passenger door slowly opens (more cars join in the ever growing line -- but tooooo bad for them -- all of them!), the passenger climbs out and waddles in front of everyone and goes in to the store. With that, the driver immediately turns in to an aisle and parks in a space that is no more than a few spaces away.
:gigglemad POW! ZOOM! TO THE MOON! :gigglemad
 
Waiters who try to take your plate when you still have food left, before they ask if you're finished. Or, waiters who say "Are you still working on that?" like it's a pile of waste I am 'working' to dispose of. It's not a compost pile, and I'm not working on it. I'm taking my time enjoying my food!
 
Another couple I thought of. I hate when people can't return their shopping cart back to the cart corral or to the store and just leave them anywhere on the parking lot!
I also hate when people don't use turn signals on their vehicles! I guess we are supposed to be mind readers and know what they are going to do before they do it.
 
Came up with two more:

Long, unnecessary automated voicemail prompts:
"The customer at XXX-XXX-XXXX is unavailable or out of the calling area. Please leave your message after the tone. When you have finished recording the message, you can hang up or press one for more options. To leave a call-back number, press five."

People who stop in traffic to leave two car spaces ahead of them, then slowly and randomly creep forward to close the gap.

If you press "1" during that long prompt, you can get right to the beep.
 
Following the theme, people that pull up to the entrance at WalMart, the mall or a store, stop, (cars behind them stop) chat with the passenger for a few moments or longer (more cars stop in line), the passenger door slowly opens (more cars join in the ever growing line -- but tooooo bad for them -- all of them!), the passenger climbs out and waddles in front of everyone and goes in to the store. With that, the driver immediately turns in to an aisle and parks in a space that is no more than a few spaces away.
:gigglemad POW! ZOOM! TO THE MOON! :gigglemad

Uh, that's what horns are for.
 
New one!

People with dirty glasses / sunglasses! do you not see all that **** in front of your eyes??
.....I despise a dirty front windshield, as driver or passenger, bug spots and all....give me a milk jug full of water and stand back....and yes, I feel the same way about sunglasses that appear to be coated with dried barf.....
 
Bumper stickers on cars. This isn't 1975 anymore, your "**** happens" sticker is not funny or unique and I don't care if you have "PMS 24/7."

People who brag about all the places they've lived in or been to. It pisses me off when I talk about my trip to Austria and some dipshit has been there five times and backpacked to Spain and rode a mule to France. Who cares?

My latest pieve: going to the bar and some one fills the jukebox with crummy rap music. Out come middle-aged women and loud annoying younger girls who need more clothing doing their worst bumping and grinding on each other, then give men dirty looks when they come and try to dance with them (in their defense, it's usually creepy men). What's the point?!?

People who get offended if I dont' like the same TV show they love.
 
Back
Top Bottom